cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Provisioning of E20/C-Series

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there any documentation of step by step that really explains what and how to provision the E20 and a C-Series codec within TMS and on the device itself?  I know there is the provisioing guides, but they aren't very clear as on what all is possible or on all the steps required, at least to me that is.  I was going to look into doing a test, just want to make sure I do everything correct.  Also, if a device is provisioned, does it need to be added as a system itself within TMS?           

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

You dont have to add the e20 to tms to provision it through the vcs. For the tms to "provision" the devices you use the configuration templates and then the systems must be managed by tms.

I dont know if there are any specific guides to this. Did you look in the endpoints admin guide? I'm on my iphone so i cant check it but it might be some pointers there?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

nick.mueller
Level 6
Level 6

You have to use a combo of the TMS Provisioning Guide and the Administrator guide for the endpoint.

First setup provisioning (i prefer TMSPE) as if you were doing Movi.  As part of that you load the Movi Provisioning XML schmea.

There are also schema for EX-series, MX-series and I think SX-series (but no C-series).  These templates are on CCO.  Load the template, then set the necessary config in the template and apply it to the user folder.  THis config schema corresponds to the settings you would normally be inputting into the endpoint directly, and you can find their meaning in the administrator guide.  I also advise you to look at the XML template directly to see what the defaults are for each setting - some you may want to override.  At a minimum you need to set the SIP proxy 1 or H323 GK, possibly more.

Then you should be able to do VCS provisionining for the endpoints.  Details of what to put in each field are in the user and administrator guides for the endpoint.

Note that you technically should own and install into TMS L-TMS-PE-XXX licenses to do this provisioning.  While it will consume/work with a L-MOVI license, that is technically not the correct license.

NPM

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

You dont have to add the e20 to tms to provision it through the vcs. For the tms to "provision" the devices you use the configuration templates and then the systems must be managed by tms.

I dont know if there are any specific guides to this. Did you look in the endpoints admin guide? I'm on my iphone so i cant check it but it might be some pointers there?

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

nick.mueller
Level 6
Level 6

You have to use a combo of the TMS Provisioning Guide and the Administrator guide for the endpoint.

First setup provisioning (i prefer TMSPE) as if you were doing Movi.  As part of that you load the Movi Provisioning XML schmea.

There are also schema for EX-series, MX-series and I think SX-series (but no C-series).  These templates are on CCO.  Load the template, then set the necessary config in the template and apply it to the user folder.  THis config schema corresponds to the settings you would normally be inputting into the endpoint directly, and you can find their meaning in the administrator guide.  I also advise you to look at the XML template directly to see what the defaults are for each setting - some you may want to override.  At a minimum you need to set the SIP proxy 1 or H323 GK, possibly more.

Then you should be able to do VCS provisionining for the endpoints.  Details of what to put in each field are in the user and administrator guides for the endpoint.

Note that you technically should own and install into TMS L-TMS-PE-XXX licenses to do this provisioning.  While it will consume/work with a L-MOVI license, that is technically not the correct license.

NPM

Thanks - The C-Series comment came from me seeing the Provisioning check box in TMS when I had a C40 open on the screen.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: