Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VIP Purple

TMS Provisioning Templates w/Custom Commands

I know that if you want to use custom commands in a TMS Provisioning Template that you need to have it in XML format.

How can I put in the "systemtools rootsettings" command into XML format?  Simply put, we have 20+ systems, and I'm trying to keep myself from SSH into each and every single system, if I have to I will, but if I could put this into our template that we normally push out when we get new systems, it will save alot of time and help us out greatly.

systemtools rootsettings

usage: rootsettings [on/serial/off/never/get]

Command to control root user availability:

get               obtain current setting

off               root user is not available

never             root user permanently turned off

serial [password] root user is available on serial port only

on [password]     root user is available on all ports.

Thanks! Patrick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Hi Patrik,

It won't be possible. "systemtools" is not a command accessible through the API like xcommand or xconfiguration.

You can always write a script, but that's not that easy if you never did it before; most difficult part will be to insert the password automatically.

Good luck!

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi Patrik,

It won't be possible. "systemtools" is not a command accessible through the API like xcommand or xconfiguration.

You can always write a script, but that's not that easy if you never did it before; most difficult part will be to insert the password automatically.

Good luck!

VIP Purple

Re: TMS Provisioning Templates w/Custom Commands

Thanks for the reply, I want to turn off root, as I found on some if not most of our systems, it is currently ON.  I guess I'll need to go to each system one by one then.

I noticed that in the E20s, that there is a rootsettings command if you type in ? to bring up a list of commands, is it possible with an E20?  The other systems we have are C-Series, which is what the systemtools command refeers to.

Update - I just went through all of our C-Series systems, an they all had their root account ON, when we purchased these units, they came to use with TC4.1.2.  I thought after TC4.0.0 the root account was disabled by default according to this security advisory: cisco-sa-20110202-tandberg.html.

Does the E20s come with their root account OFF by default, I remember another advisory sometime back about their root command during a software update, it was noted in the release notes, can't rememeber the details though.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content