Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VIP Super Bronze

TMS "Extend Scheduled Meetings Mode"

As you can see the "Automaic Best Effort" option from the extend meeting mode from within TMS below. 

"Automatic Best Effort enables automatic  extension of scheduled conferences by 15 minutes up to a maximum of 16 times.  The meeting extension will only happen if there is at least 1 participant still  connected, and there are no conflicting meetings for any of the participants or  the MCU within the next 15 minutes."

Is a TCS recording alias seen as an endpoint when it comes to this option to extend a meeting?  I'm skeptical at enabling this option as I'd hate for all of our endpoints to leave a meeting and all that remain is the TCS recording nothing for who knows how long the scheduled meeting is set for.

----------------------------

Something that came to mind, not directly related to the above post, but could be a solution non the less.  When the "Video Conference Master" (determined by the person scheduling the meeting in TMS) disconnects himself from the meeting, does that disconnect everybody connected no matter what they are such as a TCS?

I've believe I've seen this behavior before, but at other times, the unit just leaves and others still remain in the meeting.  Could the determining factor be if one is using the remote vs the API to intiate the disconnect, the codecs we us are C-Series?

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES

Re: TMS "Extend Scheduled Meetings Mode"

The TCS is seen as an endpoint.

The "extend scheduled meetings mode" works with both external MCUs, i.e. a Codian as well as end-points which has on-board MCU, as long as this end-point is the master.

According to the TMS 13.2 release notes:

The meeting extension will only happen if there is at least 1 participant still connected, and there are no conflicting meetings for any of the participants or the MCU within the next 15 minutes

This is obviously not an issue if an end-point with on-board MCU is used.

I, and others, have already suggested to Cisco that we should be able to set the extension period we want, maybe in increments of 5 minutes or so, up to the max 15 minutes, and also the maximum number of extensions instead of the default 16, and I believe this has "been pushed upstairs".

Edit: Just discovered an old PM confirming the request has been lodged. Thanks Magnus

(hmm, better check my notfication settings as I never got the e-mail alert)

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
VIP Super Bronze

TMS "Extend Scheduled Meetings Mode"

Thanks for the responce and the update!

I know I haven't emplemented this extention method as of yet, I've kept it to endpoint prompt for now.  Don't want our TCS to record who knows how long of nothing and take up space on the server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content