Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Redundancy with TMSXE

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Team,

Since there is redundancy of every physical appliance like VCS, MCU's. I want to ask about redundancy of TMS on a VM based Server.

How can we create redundancy of TMS on VM Based Server.

Currently, my customer has purchased only the software of TMS from Cisco and is installed on VM Server. They would like to create redundancy of TMS in case first TMS is down.

Also, tell me if the license of first TMS can be put on 2nd TMS?

And how wud it work with TMSXE ?

Apprecite your response.

Thanks,

Saurabh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Suarabh and Martin,

We published a brand new TMS 13.2 redundancy deployment guide just a few days ago. The old one is very old and outdated; please pretend that it doesn't exist. The document should answer Suarabh's questions.

TMSXE and redundancy: We have just been through an extended round of testing TMSXE 3.0.1 with a load balanced TMS solution (two TMS servers behind a Cisco ACE 4710 appliance). Sometime in the near future, we'll add to the official TMSXE documentation that this setup has been tested and is supported by Cisco.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Suarabh!

Running the TMS virtualized is a good start, expecially if your customer uses the available vmware

server reduncancy methods. I guess this would be better to follow up on a vmware forum.

Besides other ways, there is a TMS Redundancy document (did not find it on the Cisco site, but at least

its still present on tandberg.com)

http://www.tandberg.com/support/dl.php?id=1350&dir=User_Manuals&fn=Cisco_TMS_Server_Redundancy_Config_Guide_13-0.pdf

Just start with that one.

Not sure how TMSXE is handeld regards to redundancy, in the 3.0 admin guide I did not find any info.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Suarabh and Martin,

We published a brand new TMS 13.2 redundancy deployment guide just a few days ago. The old one is very old and outdated; please pretend that it doesn't exist. The document should answer Suarabh's questions.

TMSXE and redundancy: We have just been through an extended round of testing TMSXE 3.0.1 with a load balanced TMS solution (two TMS servers behind a Cisco ACE 4710 appliance). Sometime in the near future, we'll add to the official TMSXE documentation that this setup has been tested and is supported by Cisco.

Thx, Kjetil!

now I also find it under:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11338/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Think with the cisco way its even more harder to keep track with documentation and software upgrades.

I am quite unhappy with that, ... :-/ Two simple rss feeds, one with new software one with documentation

would be handy. And this for a technology so you do not have to manually add each single stream ...

Additional RSS feeds for EOL and generic news might be handy as well,...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

amen!

Thanks Martin, Kjetil.. for the reply...

Hello Saurabh,

I completed the redundancy setup and TMSXE testing and the information is added to the TMSXE intall guide. The only thing you need to do is to use the virtual IP address/fqdn of the load ballancer when connect to the redundant tmses during the configuration of the TMSXE

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: