Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Renewal messages not matching the customer's exixting coverage

David Kos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have a client that is using TMS 13.2.1 and their managed endpoints and infrastructure gear is getting messages of being out of service when they are not. 

Is there a new path to the Cisco service database that is more reliable with the status updates that it sends?  Where would I change the path to the renewal contract server in TMS so it provides the customer with correct renewal information?  I'm thinking I'll need to change a URL in TMS but I’m not seeing it?  The client is running TMS 13.2.1

Thanks for the help. DK

4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

The url should be:

https://tms-update.cisco.com/webservices/product/v1.0/Software/SoftwareService_ES

See Administrative Tools/Network Settings/Automatic Software Update - it uses this to check for valid service contracts.

However, there have been issues in the past with the Cisco backend, so if you have the correct URL, and you continue to see this issue, open a case with TAC and give them the serial numbers of the systems affected.

I've had issues with "minor" and "major" serial numbers not being linked in their db, resulting in "no contract" and "unknown" status messages in TMS. I still don't quite understand why they're operating with "minor" and "major" s/n...

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

+5 to Jens' response.

There are issues with Cisco back end for quite a number of things - there are a quite few of us who have had issues with this in the past (and still do for some devices).  The different groups in Cisco like finger pointing at each other which doesn't help us as the customers get our issues resolved.  I'm still working through with the TAC and Sales issues for a couple of my VCSes that I logged a month ago.

There seems to be issue with a lot of the VCSes - they show old versions of software being available and older release keys, but do not show the newer keys or that there is a newer version of software available (even if it has been uploaded in to TMS).  This may be related to the fact that they've removed the ability to upgrade a VCS with the latest TMS versions (14.4.2) - but it's affecting those of us who aren't at the latest revision yet.

So, to re-iterate what Jens has suggested - log a TAC job for all of the devices that are showing incorrectly to get Cisco to fix their back end.  Be willing to chase down all your Purchase Orders and other details to prove that you've purchased it all too.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi,

[...] This may be related to the fact that they've removed the ability to upgrade a VCS with the latest TMS versions (14.4.2) [...]

Nope, no changes have been made to the SoftwareService backend because of TMS's discontinued support of VCS upgrades.

As Jens says, open a TAC case. This is surely a problem in the SoftwareService backend.

Regards,
Kjetil

Thanks Kjetil,

I've had a job open for a month trying to get my two Virtual VCSes sorted (SR 631177681) and still doesn't look any closer than it did on day 1.

Wayne

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.