Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TMS scheduled meeting

Hello  Gang,

I am still very new to Video so I still have some newbie questions. . . apologies.

My question is;   when a person schedules a meeting in TMS and applies a pin to the meeting,  what happens in the background:

1) how do the endpoints that have been selected to enter the meeting know that they are now part of a schudled meeting.

2) when a person enters the pin  that was configured on  TMS, which endpoint receives that DTMF . Is it TMS or MCU? and what type of DTMF is used?

3) Another question that I have  is: how can I auto-register endpoint (e.g SX20 ) to TMS and provide them with their VCS configurations, phone books, etc by just using a DHCP options just like a phone registers to call-manager. I want to stop configuring end-point manually.

Many Thanks

1 REPLY
VIP Green

TMS scheduled meeting

1)     TMS sends a message to the devices to let them know about the conference.

2)     TMS doesn't validate the PIN (other than telling the endpoints what they need to know to establish the call, it's not involved in the call itself).

3)     You can do something similar to this by turning on the Automatic System Discovery in TMS and applying a Configuration Template to the Discovered Systems.  This will put some configuration on the device, but there will still need to be some manual intervention/settings - but these can then be done with TMS.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content