Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Server and AD Authentication

chrischelvy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a situation where TMS Server is not part of the domain or not in the AD as a object. But TMS is configured (under the network settings-> Ad authentication) to connect to the AD server. Basically we have created the service account in the AD server for the TMS Server to authenticate. TMS Server connected successfully with the AD server. But the AD users having an issue to login to the TMS Server with  their AD Credentials. My question is,

1. Does the TMS Server need to in the domain to use the AD Authentication

2. Does the TMS server need to be added to AD server as a object if the TMS Server need to login via AD Credentials.

Thanks

Chris

3 Replies 3

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Does the TMS Server need to in the domain to use the AD Authentication

Yes. TMS relies on IIS for authentication, and IIS won't know how to authenticate your users unless it is in the domain (or in a domain with a trust relationship to your user's domain).

2. Does the TMS server need to be added to AD server as a object if the TMS Server need to login via AD Credentials.

I am not sure if I understand, but the TMS server does not need to be in a domain to look up user groups from AD or to use AD phone book sources.

Best regards,

Kjetil

chrischelvy
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Kjetil. Is there any Cisco document describes what are the requiremensts for the TMS Server to work with AD user accounts.

Only I can see in the TMS Web GUI, there are some settings need to be filled up for the AD authentication.

Regards,

Chris

Hello Chris

That is not that much to it and all is explained in configuration and admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/install_guide/Cisco_TMS_install_guide_13-2.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco_TMS_Admin_Guide_13-2.pdf

Also makes sure that server is added to domain before doing any configuration changes on TMS.

Thanks

Rafal