Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TMS templates and Vlan mode

The latest versions of E20 and C-series software support "Vlan mode: Auto" which is great when using voice/data vlans in conjunction with CDP.

TMS 13.1.2 allows you to set Vlan voice mode to auto on E20s using templates but I can't see the same option for C-series, even though TC5 allows me to set this option.

I note that I can set "auto" for Vlan data mode - will this do the same thing?

How can I set all my C-series to Auto using the TMS templates?  Is there a custom command I can use?

4 REPLIES

TMS templates and Vlan mode

In general you can add a custom command with nearly everything in the device templates (see systems > provisioning)

I did not try it, but something like:

Auto

could work for you.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Re: TMS templates and Vlan mode

Thanks Martin.

I tried entering that into the template with no luck, however if I SSH directly to the unit and enter:

xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice Mode: Auto

it works.

I tried entering this command into the template custom command field with the syntax:

xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice Mode: Auto

But no luck.

Is this the correct syntaxt or do I need to do something different?

I should also add - what's the syntax I need to enter in the custom command field if I want more than one custom command?

I got it working  - I had to enter it in "Custom Configuration" rather than "Custom Command".

The syntax you gave was correct, thanks very much

looking through some old release notes for TMS I saw that "Custom Command" was renamed to "Custom Configuration", hence the confusion.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content