Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS templates and Vlan mode

The latest versions of E20 and C-series software support "Vlan mode: Auto" which is great when using voice/data vlans in conjunction with CDP.

TMS 13.1.2 allows you to set Vlan voice mode to auto on E20s using templates but I can't see the same option for C-series, even though TC5 allows me to set this option.

I note that I can set "auto" for Vlan data mode - will this do the same thing?

How can I set all my C-series to Auto using the TMS templates?  Is there a custom command I can use?

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In general you can add a custom command with nearly everything in the device templates (see systems > provisioning)

I did not try it, but something like:

Auto

could work for you.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Martin.

I tried entering that into the template with no luck, however if I SSH directly to the unit and enter:

xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice Mode: Auto

it works.

I tried entering this command into the template custom command field with the syntax:

xConfiguration Network 1 VLAN Voice Mode: Auto

But no luck.

Is this the correct syntaxt or do I need to do something different?

I should also add - what's the syntax I need to enter in the custom command field if I want more than one custom command?

I got it working  - I had to enter it in "Custom Configuration" rather than "Custom Command".

The syntax you gave was correct, thanks very much

looking through some old release notes for TMS I saw that "Custom Command" was renamed to "Custom Configuration", hence the confusion.