Level 1
Level 1

I am reviewing a BoM for a customer and the current proposal has:

CUCM 9
Expressway Core
Expressway Edge
TMS
vTelepresence Server

Last I checked, we needed a VCS Control to allow TMS to schedule TP Server. With current software (CUCM 9.x, TMS 14.4, etc) can I use TMS to schedule CUCM registered endpoints and TP Server, if the TP Server is trunked directly to CUCM? There is no Conductor in this deployment. Just looking for a sanity check.

thx,

rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rob,

As of version 14.4, TMS supports scheduling bridges that are trunked to the CUCM, so the earlier "all bridges must be deployed on the VCS side" limitation is no longer valid.

However: TMS can only schedule TelePresence Servers that are in locally managed mode. Virtual TelePresence Servers do not support locally managed mode, so if you want to schedule them in TMS, you'll have to put a Conductor into the mix.

Regards,
Kjetil

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rob,

As of version 14.4, TMS supports scheduling bridges that are trunked to the CUCM, so the earlier "all bridges must be deployed on the VCS side" limitation is no longer valid.

However: TMS can only schedule TelePresence Servers that are in locally managed mode. Virtual TelePresence Servers do not support locally managed mode, so if you want to schedule them in TMS, you'll have to put a Conductor into the mix.

Regards,
Kjetil