Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSPE Database permissions

gurch.jheeta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are looking to upgrade TMS 12.6.2 (running TMS agents) to version TMS 13.2 + TMSPE 1.0.  The tmsng db is currenty pointing to an external SQL server and as per the deployment guides, I am looking to install the tmspe db in the same way. 

My question is based around the db permission of the tmspe, Would this need to have DB-owner privledges as per the deployment guides?  Or can I assign sys-admin rights to this and face no issues with doing this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I always had dbowner rights on the tmspe db and that worked fine, but isn't sysadmin a much higher privilege level which allows you to do everything? If so, this will work well altough I would not recommend to leave it with that high privilege due to security reasons.

Best regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

I always had dbowner rights on the tmspe db and that worked fine, but isn't sysadmin a much higher privilege level which allows you to do everything? If so, this will work well altough I would not recommend to leave it with that high privilege due to security reasons.

Best regards,

Alex

As long as its just an upgrade and not a "create" as in a new installation it should be sufficient with db_owner. It will fail doing the upgrade if the permissions is insufficient and nothing is done with the database. Increase the permissions and try again. Always make backups

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: