Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE 4.0

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts,

I have heard that Cisco is soon releasing TMSXE 4.0.

Could you tell me whats new in it ?

What are the advantanges and new features added to it? and How easy will be the installation?

Regards,

Saurabh

15 Replies 15

Sudheer Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Saurabh,

The TMSXE 4.0 will support :

è Installed as standalone server

è Exchange 2007 and 2010 EWS support

è General feature parity with the 3.0

è Linux based. ( Vmware Linux appliance platform)

è Can be configured via web interface.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sudheer

So TMSXE (or TMSSE) will move to a Linux Appliance. What's about TMS, will it reside as a Windows Application or will it also move to a Linux Appliance?

Regards, Paul

We don´t know what is going to happen in the future but as of now TMS will continue to be a windows application.

/Magnus

Thanks for the info!

Regards, Paul

Dear all

Does anybody Info regarding TMSSE 4.0 maybe a Rel date ?

Because It would be very helpfull if we don't need anymore a WIN2008 Server.

Thank you

Regards

Georg

Sudheer Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One small correction it is called as TMSSE 4.0. ( TMS scheduling extension).

So you guys changed the name from TMSXE to TMSSE?

No comments...

Does anyone know the release date?  The latest info I have says Q2 CY2012 which means... uh... now?

Thanks!

Please do not get your expectations up because of this thread. There is no information available to be shared on the subject at present time.

/Magnus

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

I see that there still are some open questions regarding TMSSE 4 around, so I thought I'll share a quick update with you.

The TMSSE 4.x project as described by Sudheer above has been cancelled. The current Windows based TMS/Exchange integration product (TMSXE 3.x) will continue, and a new major release can be expected in Q2 calendar year 2013. I cannot share anything specific about this release yet, other than the fact that it will be an important part of our current drive to further enhance the Cisco TelePresence WebEx OneTouch solution.

So, if anyone were delaying migration from the legacy TMSXE (TCX) 2.x solution because they were awaiting another Linux-based Exchange integration platform: There is no need to hold back. All TMSXE 2.x customers are strongly encouraged to migrate to TMSXE 3.x, which solves a number of TMS<->Exchange synchronization issues that simply were unsolvable with the old 2.x solution.

Feel free to IM me if your have further questions.

Regards,

Kjetil

Yes!!  Kj thanks for clearing that up. 

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for clearing it up kjetil!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Does TMSXE will support exchange 2013? if yes.. Anybody can tell me the time line.. As our company is upgrading to exchange 2013

rdgs,

Shree Parashar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: