Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE and optional variables

JensLantermann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

actually we try to optimize our TMSXE implementation.

is there a way to use the H323 ID as a variable?

I know just two variables from the installation guide {{DisplayName}} and {{TmsID}}.

It looks like a ldap-field, so I think there must be some more informations.

regards jens

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jens

These variables are from TMS and not LDAP. In the installation guide it states that there are two optional variables available. It is also a section that explains that to simplify the adding of the endpoints you should name the mailboxes as the TMS system displayname since then you can use the DisplayName variable when adding multiple systems. 

I do not beleive there is additional variables you can use here, so I think that would be a feature request if it is not already one open. I did a few searches but could not find anything mentioning this.

Maybe Kjetil have some more input on this.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jens

These variables are from TMS and not LDAP. In the installation guide it states that there are two optional variables available. It is also a section that explains that to simplify the adding of the endpoints you should name the mailboxes as the TMS system displayname since then you can use the DisplayName variable when adding multiple systems. 

I do not beleive there is additional variables you can use here, so I think that would be a feature request if it is not already one open. I did a few searches but could not find anything mentioning this.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

it makes me not happy to hear, that there is no possibility to have acces on filed like E.164 or H323ID.

At this customer we are not allowed to name room mailboxes as we want.

We need a numeric ID, that is the reason we would use the E164 field.

I will open an service request for that.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Jens,

If you need numeric ID - you can use "TMS Id" variable, which is basically System ID number in TMS.

Best Regards,

Artem Borodai

Magnus Ohm wrote:

[...]

[...]

You are right Magnus, there are no other variables than {{DisplayName}} and {{TmsID}}, not even undocumented ones!

I am not aware of any open feature request, but I'll create one for you now. Looks like TMS's remote setup API exposes the required information, so it would be relatively easy to do add more variables in TMSXE.

-Kjetil

EDIT: Tracking the feature request as CSCui34694. The tentative target is the next feature release in ~December / January.