Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE Confirmations

m-keenan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

In TMSXE 2.3, is there any way to make confirmations (with the details) to the Meeting organiser - from the TMS Exchange service account come from an associated Resource Mailbox  instead  of the TMS service account or is this by design?

Thanks

Matt

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that's unfortunately not possible.

-Kjetil

View solution in original post

You can control the body of the email by changing the relevant email template in TMS, but the subject is hard-coded deep into the TMSXE application. I don't think you can change it yourself.

If you have systems managed by TMS so that they get booking information, you cannot "break" TMS control over them. If a system is in an ad-hoc call but then is part of a scheduled call, the ad-hoc call is automatically torn down without prior warning to the participants.And you cannot really disconnect the scheduled call and re-connect the ad-hoc instead, as TMS continously will send the participants annoying "your system is currently scheduled to be used in conference blah blah blah. Do you want to reconnect?" prompts.

I see no good solution for breaking TMS control but keeping booking information on the endpoint.

5 Replies 5

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that's unfortunately not possible.

-Kjetil

Thanks Kjetil for clarifying this.

Another quick question  on the confirmations sent from version 2.3 ;

As an example, the subject line sends the message " Subject: New Conference Information:test booking"

Referring to the example above, is it possible to add a spacing between the : and the word test so it will look like this;

" Subject: New Conference Information: test booking"

It is spaced correctly for all fields in the message body sent from the service account (conference id, conference title etc) but not the Subject line entry. Can I change this?

Thanks

You can control the body of the email by changing the relevant email template in TMS, but the subject is hard-coded deep into the TMSXE application. I don't think you can change it yourself.

Thanks Kjetil - you obviously know a lot about this product!

Can I ask one more question of you;

Is it possible to "break" TMS control of a video session but still keep booking information visible in a room? What we want is booking information to be sent to the "Meetings" button on the Touch and on the OSD via TodaysBookings in TC5.0.1, but we don't want TMS to control the duration of meeting i.e. terminate a video session after x minute because someone else has booked the resource. I take it we cannot overide a scheduling conflict either?

Can you advise what is and isn't possible please?

Thanks

Matt

If you have systems managed by TMS so that they get booking information, you cannot "break" TMS control over them. If a system is in an ad-hoc call but then is part of a scheduled call, the ad-hoc call is automatically torn down without prior warning to the participants.And you cannot really disconnect the scheduled call and re-connect the ad-hoc instead, as TMS continously will send the participants annoying "your system is currently scheduled to be used in conference blah blah blah. Do you want to reconnect?" prompts.

I see no good solution for breaking TMS control but keeping booking information on the endpoint.