Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TMSXE monitor without booking, possible?

Is it possible to have TMSXE monitoring conference room calendars but not attempt to book meetings/send emails?  Because of the way TMS currently handles bookings involving both TIP & H264 endpoints (thinks a TP Server is required when it is not, fixed in 13.2 I believe, but not yet) and the way Movi users are not handled by TMSXE (without implementing the custom form at least) we are implementing a configuration leveraging static bridge ID's instead.

So basically not really wanting to use TMSXE in this instance - except that the way room calendar information is displayed in the OSD on an endpoint is very nice, and this information is fed by TMSXE of course.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello Frederick,

I don't understand. If you don't want TMSXE to book meeting or send emails, what exactly do you want it to do?

Regards,

Kjetil

It would be good to have an option to have the room\resource's schedule information synchronized and reflected in TMS, but no actual MCU or other resource booking performed.  Kind of like what happens you book a meeting that only contains a single endpoint today.

That way room schedules are still reflected on OSD's on endpoints, but end-users will call via already established means (direct dial Favorites, phone books, or static meetings on MCU).

Cisco Employee

Ah, I see. That wouldn't be possible with the current solution; there is no way to prevent TMS from adding MCUs (and other infrastructure products such as gateways) when you book though the TMS booking API (as TMSXE utilizes). Reserving infrastructure resources is kind of the point of scheduling the conference in advance...

Views
Helpful
Replies