cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMSXE - TMS - CMS scheduling

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently running Acano Manager 1.9 and getting ready to upgrade that to CMS 2.2 and integrate the scheduling back to Outlook/TMS (15.5). In my CMS lab environmet I'm able to schedule multi-point calls with no issues. It adds the bridge and sends the email confirmation as it should. When I schedule through Outlook, after adding the rooms to TMSXE (5.5), it doesn't include the bridge and creates a point-to-point meeting. Do I need an Add-In for Outlook for it to recognize the CMS bridge is needed? 

Also, I read that the OBTP option only works with the TP-10 panels so is there an option for SX10's and the DX's without the TP-10?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

In TMS go to Administrative Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings, scroll down to Advanced Settings > External MCU Usage in Routing and change to "Always".  Also set your preferred MCU to Cisco Meeting Server.

OBTP definitely works on DX80s (so long as they are running CE8+ code and not Android) and I'm fairly sure you can use it on SX10s with remote controls also.

View solution in original post

Make sure that the IP Zones match between the endpoints and CMS, as TMS likes to schedule conferencing resources that are within the same IP Zone as the endpoints.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

In TMS go to Administrative Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings, scroll down to Advanced Settings > External MCU Usage in Routing and change to "Always".  Also set your preferred MCU to Cisco Meeting Server.

OBTP definitely works on DX80s (so long as they are running CE8+ code and not Android) and I'm fairly sure you can use it on SX10s with remote controls also.

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the response Nick. I had the MCU setting to "as need" so I changed it to always but now it's adding the wrong MCU. It's adding our Singapore Cisco MCU instead of the Cisco Meeting server as noted in the screen shot attached.

Make sure that the IP Zones match between the endpoints and CMS, as TMS likes to schedule conferencing resources that are within the same IP Zone as the endpoints.

Looks like that did it Patrick :). How do I get the subject to replicate to TMS? The Conference Title shows in TMS as the meeting coordinator (i.e. My name). 

That is a setting on the exchange mailbox, sounds like you have "Add the organizer's name to the subject" under Resource Information, take a look at the Configuring the Room Mailboxes section of the TMSXE 5.5 Deployment Guide for reference and suggested configuration of the mailboxes.

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

I disabled the custom wallpaper and OBTP works now.

Bug ID: CSCvb67596 A system using custom wallpaper will not display on-screen elements for example; the clock, today’s bookings or One Button to Push. This limitation is intentional as we do not know how these elements will appear on customized wallpapers. On-screen operated systems like Cisco TelePresence SX10, SX20, DX70 and DX80 are more affected by this limitation due to the lack of OBTP join mechanism compared to systems operated by a Touch 10.

The clock and meeting information being hidden when using custom wallpapers is also documented in the admin guides.

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

Since there's no Conference Control Center functionality in TMS with CMS how is everyone adding and removing endpoints from an active (ongoing) meeting?

You're only option in TMS is to go to the List Conferences page, and edit the conference to add/remove participants.

Adding a participant doesn't automatically join it to the live meeting.

removing was does drop it from the meeting. 

What if an external participant drops? How do I add it back, aside from having them call into the bridge?

Hi,

currently you may use api or to wait until Cisco provides us with the new conference control product.

You may also use a 3d party or your own products which may manipulate with api commands.

As for me, fortunately, I may wait a little bit now )

salim.guerid
Level 5
Level 5

DISCLAIMER: I work for this company.

Hi you may want to consider this third party solution for the scheduling part: http://www.quickonline.ch/cms-outlook-addin/

Hi All

At the moment as i know we dont need any add-in for conference scheduling using with tms tmsxe can you please someone explain me it.

Thanks

True. My understanding is that the TMSXE can do the scheduling part including the CMS. We did not go that path as the Exchange and client requirement were to too constraining to our perspective. The Add-in that I mentioned can do a similar job but in a easier manner.