Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Touch 10 not getting default gateway

I have a touch 10 that isn't able to pair with my SX80.  I checked the IP config of the touch 10 and it is getting a DHCP address but the default gateway is blank.  I'm assuming that is the issue.  Why wouldn't the touch 10 be getting an IP address?  Yes, I did check DHCP server settings and do get a default gateway when I get an address.  Thanks,  Mike

9 REPLIES

I ran into the same issue, i

I ran into the same issue, i directly connected the touch to a codec, upgraded the codec which upgrades the touch and retried and that fixed my issue. Not sure if that will help you but worth a try.

Please rate useful posts.

I tried that.  It pairs fine

I tried that.  It pairs fine to the codec when it is directly connected, but then when I move the touch over to a switch port I get the same issue.  Do you know what versions your codec and touch 10 are running?

I wanna say 7.1.3 but it was

I wanna say 7.1.3 but it was a customer environment so cant say for sure.

FYI: one of my contacts at

FYI: one of my contacts at Cisco told me Touch pairing over the LAN will be available in TC7.2.  Guess that explains it.

Weird. Worked for me. My

Weird. Worked for me. My touch was in the same vlan as the codec, that might explain it.
VIP Green

TC7.2 was released the other

TC7.2 was released the other day.  Support for Touch 10" network pairing is the first thing mentioned in the New features and functionality section.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
VIP Green

Have you tried statically

Have you tried statically assigning the IP address, subnet mask and gateway on the touch panel to see if the missing gateway is actually your issue?

A factory reset of the touch could also be worth a go.

There's a similar thread in the forums as well: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12143826/cisco-touch-10-pairing-issue - this indicates that you may need to check your switch ports are in the same subnet/vlan to make it work.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if approrpriate.

Wayne
--

I should have thought of that

I should have thought of that.  I tried all sorts of different IP addresses on the touch 10.  Even when it's on the same subnet it doesn't connect.  No change after factory reset of touch 10. 

VIP Green

Looking at all the

Looking at all the installation sheets I can see - they all talk about connecting the touch panel directly to the SX80 (which is different to many of the other endpoints which can have connectivity over the LAN) - so perhaps you'll need to have it directly connected (or patch it through your structured cabling system, but without connecting any switch in the middle) to the endpoint's "2nd or 3rd Ethernet port".

Wayne
--

Wayne
--
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content