cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 10 with MX200G2

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a customer that has several MX200G1 systems and just received a new MX200G2 system. They do not like the Touch10 and would like to use a Touch8 to maintain consistency. Looking at the specs on the Touch10, it looks like it is engineered slightly different than the Touch8 (PoE being one example). Is it possible to use a Touch8 with the G2 version of the MX200/300?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The engineering of both Touch devices might slightly resemble each other, but the older codecs that use the Touch 8 have a different UI design then the newer codecs that use the Touch 10, as the the newer SX and MX Series have an updated UI.

Touch 8 is only supported with the following devices:

• Cisco TelePresence EX Series (EX60, EX90), Cisco TelePresence Profile Series (Profile 42, Profile 55, Profile 65), Cisco TelePresence MX Series (MX200 and MX300), Cisco TelePresence Integrator C Series (Integrator C40, C60, C90), and the Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Set.

Touch 10 is only supported with the following devices:

• Second-generation MX200/300 and future generations of SX and MX Series.

View solution in original post

Patrick's answer above is spot on.

There's a slighly longer list of Touch 10 supported endpoints in the latest software release (TC7.2.0).  The list is now: SX10, SX20, SX80, MX200 G2, MX300 G2, MX700 and MX800.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Oops, I forgot to update the list of Touch 10 endpoints, the list of endpoints in my earlier post were taken from directly the TelePresence Touch data sheet, apparently they haven't updated it since the release of TC7.2 where they added support for the additional endpoints Wayne noted.

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The engineering of both Touch devices might slightly resemble each other, but the older codecs that use the Touch 8 have a different UI design then the newer codecs that use the Touch 10, as the the newer SX and MX Series have an updated UI.

Touch 8 is only supported with the following devices:

• Cisco TelePresence EX Series (EX60, EX90), Cisco TelePresence Profile Series (Profile 42, Profile 55, Profile 65), Cisco TelePresence MX Series (MX200 and MX300), Cisco TelePresence Integrator C Series (Integrator C40, C60, C90), and the Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Set.

Touch 10 is only supported with the following devices:

• Second-generation MX200/300 and future generations of SX and MX Series.

Patrick's answer above is spot on.

There's a slighly longer list of Touch 10 supported endpoints in the latest software release (TC7.2.0).  The list is now: SX10, SX20, SX80, MX200 G2, MX300 G2, MX700 and MX800.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Oops, I forgot to update the list of Touch 10 endpoints, the list of endpoints in my earlier post were taken from directly the TelePresence Touch data sheet, apparently they haven't updated it since the release of TC7.2 where they added support for the additional endpoints Wayne noted.

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all. I had no illusions that the touch 8 would work with the G2 systems, but I had told my customer I would ask.