Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch panel recognition.

Visualcom23
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I've looked but haven't found any way to see if the touchpanel for a system is connected, exept looking at it directly.

I need ro verify this remotly. For example via SSH/Telnet, or the gui.

Is there any command that gives this information?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Olof,

You can login as root to the codec using SSH/telnet and give this command :

[Mubashshir-Akhtar:~] $ netstat

In one of the session, you should see one of the sessions like this :

tcp        0      0 169.254.1.1:65008       endeavour.localnet:52853  ESTABLISHED

Touch Panel is indicated by the IP address 169.254.1.1 when directly connected with the codec. If you're connecting the Touch Panel via LAN, then you can search in the sessions with the IP of the Touch Panel.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Olof,

You can login as root to the codec using SSH/telnet and give this command :

[Mubashshir-Akhtar:~] $ netstat

In one of the session, you should see one of the sessions like this :

tcp        0      0 169.254.1.1:65008       endeavour.localnet:52853  ESTABLISHED

Touch Panel is indicated by the IP address 169.254.1.1 when directly connected with the codec. If you're connecting the Touch Panel via LAN, then you can search in the sessions with the IP of the Touch Panel.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hello again,

Thank you for the answere.

I have a folow up on that one.

From there, is it possible to ssh/telnet to the touchpanel? For example to do a factory reset och see wgat s/w-version it is running?

Regards/

Olof

Hi Olof,

I am afraid its not possible in the release software as the port is disabled on the inTouch. You can use the steps below to connect to the Touch Panel :

Connect to inTouch

• Using ethernet (IP adresse needed): ssh into inTouch from system (must be logged in as root): ssh endeavour. This is disabled in release-software. If you have release software, you need to use the serial cable.
  • or Using serial cable (special serial cable needed): Connect cable to serial port behind sticker on back side and login as root. Baudrate is 115200

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Ah, I see.

Thank you for quick and helpful answers!

/Olof

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: