Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TPS 8710 Console Port Pin Outs

Hi,

I immediately need the wiring diagram for the console port on the MSE 8710 blade. I cannot find any docs on CCO and need to cable the console port to terminal server in order to gather data for a TAC SR. Can anyone send me a link to the hardware manual that shows this information or can you provide the pin outs?

Thank you,

Tony

Everyone's tags (4)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Gold

TPS 8710 Consol Port Pin Outs

Pinouts for most Codian-based products are available at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/cisco_telepresence_codian_serial_cable_pinout_kb_119.shtml.

Although this page does not list the TS8710 I'd expect this blade to use the same pinouts.

- Andreas

Cisco Employee

All ex-Codian infrastructure product use same pin assignment.

Cisco standard serial cable (light blue) with RJ45 interface works on 8710 TelePresence Server Blade as well.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Normal blue Cisco console cable will probably work - our are wired up with the CAB-HD8-ASYNC cables

connect at 38400 bps

Gold

Pinouts for most Codian-based products are available at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/articles/cisco_telepresence_codian_serial_cable_pinout_kb_119.shtml.

Although this page does not list the TS8710 I'd expect this blade to use the same pinouts.

- Andreas

Your answer was great. Thank you for your help. The pin out is exactly what I needed and I now have access to the 8710 console port.

Thanks again!

Cisco Employee

All ex-Codian infrastructure product use same pin assignment.

Cisco standard serial cable (light blue) with RJ45 interface works on 8710 TelePresence Server Blade as well.

The e-mail the system sent me didn't show your post, but after viewing it looks great and that pin out worked THank you for your help!

Views
Helpful
Replies