Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

Trouble with packaging the latest Jabber Video client for Mac

Hi all,

anybody out there that has had this issue.

I´m trying to package the client following the guide to the letter. I have unpacked the tar file on the desktop and moved my plist into that directory but when I enter the command it starts but ends with an error message stating:

mawi-macbook:create_custom_dmg Mattias$ ./create_custom_dmg.sh /users/Mattias/Desktop/create_custom_dmg/Jabber.plist

Creating DMG installer from template

Läser Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0)…

Läser Apple (Apple_partition_map : 1)…

Läser disk image (Apple_HFS : 2)…

........................................................................................................................................

Förfluten tid:  10.687ms

Hastighet: 138.2M byte/s

Sparat: 97.5 %

created: /var/folders/tl/ym006xnd17300k1xfsyvyfr40000gn/T//JabberVideo.sparseimage

/dev/disk1                    Apple_partition_scheme        

/dev/disk1s1                  Apple_partition_map            

/dev/disk1s2                  Apple_HFS                                /Volumes/Jabber Video

/users/Mattias/desktop/create_custom_dmg/create_dmg_build_phase.sh: line 42: /usr/bin/SetFile: No such file or directory

mawi-macbook:create_custom_dmg Mattias$

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Mattias

Everyone's tags (3)
5 REPLIES

Hi,

You need to install the Apple Developer Tools (XCODE) for your Mac OS version. I found those tools in the DVD that came with SL OS for my MacBook. I think you can also download them from the Apple Developer site (https://developer.apple.com/). Once you install those tools you will get the SetFile command file in the /Developer/Bin folder. Copy it to the /usr/bin folder and that should solve your problem.

Cheers

Hi Mattias!

You can also find xcode in the appstore (at least under osx10.7) as well as if you registered

your apple id as a developer under: https://developer.apple.com/xcode/

(or just use a mac where its installed).

Some forensics:

This here seems to show where it goes wrong:

/users/Mattias/desktop/create_custom_dmg/create_dmg_build_phase.sh: line 42: /usr/bin/SetFile: No such file or directory

And SetFile points to xcode:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/SetFile.1.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Well,

I have the latest XCODE running on the latest OSX and my Apple ID is developer enabled. I will look into the SetFile because I think you are onto something.

Will get back to you if it turns out that you are right

Seems it has something to do with the fact that I´m running the very latest versione of both xcode and OS X 10.7.4.

I´m hoping that adding the command line tools to xcode will help. Otherwise it´s back to where I know it works, 10.7.3 with a slightly older xcode in a virtual environment

//MW

Well turns out adding the command line tools solved the issue. Strange thing is that I don´t remember ever had to add them manually before.

Was a pretty easy thing to do, just choose install under Preferences/Downloads/Command Line Tools

//MW

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content