cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TS 8710 booking question

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

When booking a conference in TMS that has 3 CTS3000 rooms, the TMS always seems to refer using the 8510 blade in my MSE8000. I can change this manually in the booking, but how do I set this to prefer the 8710 over the 8510?

Under Administrative Tools >Conference Settings, Preferred MCU Type in Routing:, the selection is set by default to Codian MCU, but there is no option for TS8710.

thanks,

Robert

5 Replies 5

chrischelvy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert ,

I believe there are no mechanisms in the TMS server to select the right MCU for the CTS systems which you need to use 8710 instead of 8510.

But, you can configure the different IP zones in the TMS server and put all the CTS systems and 8710 in one IP zone and put all other devices into the other IP zone.

Then when you book the conference in the TMS server, TMS will allocate the right resource for your CTS conferences which is 8710.

Also, when you don't have enough resources on the 8710, TMS will automatically book the other MCU.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that, created an IP zone called CTS, and assigned it to the CTS rooms and my 8710, yet when I use the scheduling portal, it still sets up the multi-point call using the 8510. Do I need to add any other devices such as the VCS or my MSE Sup 8050 to the new IP Zone?

Hi Robert,

Can you please use TMS web GUI instead of scheduling portal and let me know what is the routing path TMS uses for the CST scheduling? Basically when you booked via TMS web GUI , you will see the confirmation page with the routing details and participants details. Can you send me the screen shot of the confirmation page and the MCU connection settings before you save the conference.

Thanks

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Chris,

Here are the screen shots you asked about.

GBLMCUB2 is the 8510 blade

Active call as Seen from VCS-C

There is a bug open for this problem, whenever a CTS 3 screen system is involved in the conference the TMS always prefers the MCU instead of the Telepresence Server. Should be fixed in TMS 13.2 so that it will prefer the Telepresence server over the MCU whenever a 3 screen system is involved.

Hope this cleared things up a bit

If the problem still persists after you upgraded to TMS 13.2 I advise you to open a TAC case.

/Magnus