cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two VCS Expressway's in cluster / Unique fallback alias on both devices

Tom Leinos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, does anyone know if it is somehow possible to have a different fallback alias for each VCS Expressway?

The reason for this is to have a fallback to two different MCU's depending on which expressway ip you call from the WAN side.

As i have understod the master peer in the cluster overwrites the configuration on the slave peer.

But is there someway to add an exception for a specified setting for example trough the ssh?

Two commands are that i would like to be locked / not replicated are:

xconfiguration Call Services Fallback Alias

xconfiguration Call Services CallsToUnknownIPAddresses

br. Tom

8 Replies 8

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately, at this moment, it is not possible. All the configuration are replicated from the master to the other peers and that cannot be changed, you cannot stop to replicate only some desirable parameters.

Well, to resolve your issue, I guess you can use CPL script to translate the call with destination IP address of your VCS, then you will be able to route the call to the proper MCU.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Here it is an example of CPL script that should work just fine for you (I didn't test it):

xmlns:taa="http://www.tandberg.net/cpl-extensions"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl cpl.xsd">

200.200.200.200">

MCU-01">

222.222.222.222">

MCU-02">

Can you try this?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

I am having a similar issue but a bit different, I guess. I have three Codians 8510's that I can cascade easily. I have one VCS Expressway that is configured to place incoming IP calls in one of the MCU's Auto Attendant. If I cascade my MCU's, could I move a waiting endpoint from the Auto Attendant on one MCU to a different conference on another MCU?

It's not possible to link auto attendants or move participants between different MCUs when they're connected to one of them.  They would have to disconnect from the MCU they're connected to and reconnect to the other.

Hi, i will try it when i have the time. I think you can also do this with transform rule.

Thanks

-Tom

Hi Tom,

In fact, you cannot do that by using transforms rules, because they don't match IP address. That's why you have the fallback alias configuration.  =)

I believe it to be possible by using CPL. Have a try if you can and give me a feedback, please.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Hi Paulo, i've finally had time to try the cpl. I modified it abit but does not seem to redirect...

Here is my CPL:

mcu2@domain.com">

Does anyone have any advice?

br. Tom

Manuel Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: