Views
Helpful
Replies

TX9000 eye-to-eye contact experience

cecile gallien
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I am asked to go to a customer to check a TX9000 camera setup because users claim the eye-to-eye contact is not as expected. I remember on CTS 3010 that there was definetly a offset when looking someone in the eyes you had the feeling on the other sied that you were looking to its neighbour événement strictly following camera hardware setup with the targets.

I thought TX9000 with the new design would enhance eye-to-eye contact experience. If there are any tips to better setup camera I round nothing in setup guides. Can anyone confirm the offset ? How to solve the problem with the cluster camera ?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide

Cécile

5 Replies 5

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do not have a TX9000 here and have used the TX9000, CTS or T3 systems rearely.

But just from the logic, the old Tandberg T3 setup with camers above each screen, on the

CTS and TX its above the middle screen.

On the T3 setup I would expect each pair of seats have the best experiance with the opposite

site, on the TX9000 regards from and two the two middle seats, so I would always place the

most important persons in the middle :-)

Can you back that up? Which was the placement of the participants who complained?

But we have some users / admins of these systems here, so hopefully you will get a more fitting answer.

In general I would picture only future deployments can only really fix it.

Imagine arrays of cameras or some other method to capture the multi view and multi dimensional original scene

and multi view / multi dimensional displays. Or a holodeck ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I meet the customer this afternoon so I will have better information and description of the problem. I will check the camera setup but I think the camera cluster may not be the good solution.

I would make a feedback on monday but I take any advice in the mean time.

Regards,

Cecile

Hi Martin,

I have recently installed IX5000 at 2 sites customer is complaining the same, users siting on last seats or edges are unable to make eye contact with the users sitting at far site, it feels like the users looking at away from the users sitting at far site. have you any idea about this is it cisco standard or any configuration issue? i have run first time setup multiple time.

Hello Ali,

I am afraid that the eye-contact is only a concept in Telepresence solutions. Mecanically speaking, to look straight in the eyes any remote users would be y looking at the camera and not the person on the screen. I made several configurations and tried a lot of adaptation in seats, cameras configuration but nothing would work. It is like taking a picture : you look at the camera focus not on the side. So you will not have the eye-contact unless the cameras would be placed behind the screens at the level of remote users's eyes...

But as Danny mentionned, the eye-contact is tested for commissioning but in real use of the room, you keep the main participants in the middle and it will make the job.

Good luck. Keep posting for any other questions.

Cecile

Danny Meyer
Level 4
Level 4

Cecile.

I noticed from the very beginning of the first available CTS that this is a bit special.

Mostly, if one of the edge users are watching each other this may be noticed. There is even an official Cisco paper about the camera geometric and eye contact topics. Has mainly to do with the central camera cluster and then it was their justification why a central camera setup is "better" than Tandbergs individual approach.

Honestly, both have their pro's and con's.

Done a lot of CTS and TX installations and we never had any bad feedback from the users. They see the postitive aspect first of such a good collaboration tool. Even if they notice it in the beginning, the tend to adapt very quickly.

Or maybe nowadays nobody makes real eye contact in large enterrprises any more...

Cheers

Danny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: