Views
Helpful
Replies

TX9000 telnet connection error

Oscar Jaime
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I'm bringing up a new TX9200 system and getting a "Telenet connection error" on the center camera. The other two check out OK and have verified all physical conenctions are correct (actually center camera shows Video and USB connections OK). Have anybody run into this error and perhaps share some ideas?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Hey There,

It's a good habbit to go in and check the sysop logs, they are some of the easier ones to read.  You can also check /nv/log/cammon for the camera logs.  You can check for any odd status values on the calbe,status,etc.  Usually anything higher than 1 is abnormal.(There are a couple exceptions to that though).

I would also try swapping the cables around so that the cameras have an opportunity with a different cable setup.  This throws out the idea of a bad cable.  If you can get root access to the unit, you can try to telnet directly into the camera.  You can check the camera diagnostics from there.  You may need a TAC case to do that. 

You can also try to go in advanced mode and run some commands but you may want to get a TAC case opend for that as well as doing it on your own may not be supported.

Kenny

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the advise. I'm working with Cisco on this now as it appears to be a possibly bad camera cluster. Will post the final solution for everyone's benefit.

Thanks

Hello

I have same issue with my TX9000. New installation, system is not connected to the network. Cant set up camera alignmet, because of the telnet connection error on the centre camera.

How did you resolve your problem?

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue too, unit is stuck on step 4 and in the status detail - Telnet connection error. 

I tried the following without any luck - 

• Unplugged all the cables and connected back
  • Changed the USB cable
  • Bottom nut is full tight 

I had similar issue couple of times before but it got fixed when I unplugged all the cables and connected back but this time looks like the cam cluster its bad and need RMA.

vkozevnikovas

Is your issue fixed? what was the solution?

mkazim,

These issues are commonly due to some type of power related issue between the camera and the codec. Considering you've already done a bit of troubleshooting failures I've seen in the past were due to the bullets below:

• Bottom nut on the camera processor box was loose.
  • Inside male end of the processor box's power cable there is a very small two pronged pin. This pin was bent. Using a stylus the pin was able to be bent back into proper position.
  • A small plastic piece on the codec where the USB cable plugs in was missing the plastic piece that seperates the USB cable pins. Check the codec itself to verify the small plastic piece that seperates the USB cables pins is present. If not the cable will plug in but potentialy could jam the pins together causing the conncetion to not function correctly.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for your reply -

• Bottom nut on the camera processor box was loose.

I made sure the nut is fully tight

•        Inside male end of the processor box's power cable there is a very small two pronged pin. This pin was bent. Using a stylus the pin was able to be bent back into proper position.

I did check on this and the small pin connector is connected perfectly fine

• A small plastic piece on the codec where the USB cable plugs in was missing the plastic piece that seperates the USB cable pins. Check the codec itself to verify the small plastic piece that seperates the USB cables pins is present. If not the cable will plug in but potentialy could jam the pins together causing the conncetion to not function correctly.

I will check this tomorrow morning, I did changed the USB cable by the output was same.

Note:- When I removed the USB cable, all the cameras get “X” status and upon connecting the USB left and right show green and middle one get the “X” with telnet error.

Regards,

Musa

Oscar Jaime
Level 4
Level 4

Hi VIta,

The TAC engineer thought initially that the camera cluster wa bad but asked to check first a nut the bottom on the connectors side (see picture). Asked me to make sure the nut was tight. I'm not sure if that did it because the nut was actually tight but I also unplugged and plugged back every singe cable in the cluster. After that the error dissapeared. Hope this is useful.

Oscar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: