cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to access TMS

Fred Ambiso
Level 1
Level 1

Installed Cisco TMS 14.3.1 in a windows 2008 R2 virtual environment.  I did not configure TMS with a static IP address. [This is a test lab install]. TMS automatically assigned a DHCP address of [192.168.1.107] which I have been using successfully to access TMS from any PC on my private network

However, we recently installed DNS and built a Domain controller on the same server which is currently hosting TMS. We configured DNS/Domain controller with a static IP address of [192.168.1.103]. 

Now for some reason, I am unable to reach TMS. When I enter the IP address for TMS thus...192.168.1.107/tms;  I get an error stating the following:
TMS temporarily unavailable Database is unreachable/unavailable. Please contact your TMS administrator or try again later. What am I doing wrong here ?

2 Replies 2

adamtodd16
Level 3
Level 3

Even in a lab environment, it shouldn't be on a DC / DNS server... 

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's quite likely, that, as you've changed the IP address on the box, that TMS is looking for the SQL database on the old IP address - you could change this by running the TMSTools app.

If it's just a test/lab install, perhaps uninstalling and re-installing TMS would be a good idea, and should resolve your issue.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.