cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to add release key to a Cisco C60

The codec has been upgraded to TC 6.2.1 and it keeps giving an error -

CRITICAL:

Valid Release Key

Missing release key for TC6.2.1.69d401c. The system will not be able to make any calls. Please add a valid release key.

When I go to add the release key, it says

Release key added.

A

reboot

is required for the release key to take effect.

I rebooted the unit, and I did this a couple of times already, but it keeps coming back with the first error - missing release key.

any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lavanaya -

I looked up your serial number (https://cisco.com/go/license), and noticed the shipped software is TCNC, which as Martin describes doesn't support encryption.  Can you verify what software version you have uploaded to the codec, you can check by going to Maintenance > Software Upgrade on the codec web interface.  You should see something like the following: Current software version is TC6.3.0.3d8e7d1.  You can also look on the codec itself if you have direct access to it in system information.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So you say the codec had some other software running before?

Are you sure you have the right key or the right software version?

There is a TC and a TCNC (no encryption support) variant of the software version.

Could you share whats your serial number is and at least how the release key look like you are trying to add.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Serial number: FTT1741033J

Release key: 1TCNC006-1-B67E6C35

Lavanaya -

I looked up your serial number (https://cisco.com/go/license), and noticed the shipped software is TCNC, which as Martin describes doesn't support encryption.  Can you verify what software version you have uploaded to the codec, you can check by going to Maintenance > Software Upgrade on the codec web interface.  You should see something like the following: Current software version is TC6.3.0.3d8e7d1.  You can also look on the codec itself if you have direct access to it in system information.