Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to book offline devices in TMS

Mihkel Laur
Level 1
Level 1

In short:

I have a problem with TMS where I cannot book a system into a conference when its turned off. 

I get the message: 
''Could not set up conference with the following participants(s):...."

In my organisation, a lot of our users want the VTC devices to be physically turned off while not in use. 

So if I want to book a conference, say a month in advance, I cannot do it because one of the participants has their device turned off at the moment, and they will only turn it on 10min before the conference takes place.

The system appears red in the endpoint list when I add participants and I get the message ''Could not set up conference with the following participants(s):....". 

I have searched through the settings of TMS, trying to find a way to get past this, but no luck. 

In short again: 
I need to be able to book my TMS registered systems regardless of their online/offline status. Otherwise this system is useless, because some participants wont keep their devices online 24/7.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've never had issues scheduling endpoints that appear as offline in TMS.

How are you trying to schedule the conference, it is auto connect, OBTP, etc?

Is the conference point-to-point or multipoint?

Thank you Patrick for your reply.

I do not know what happened but all of the sudden, I can now book devices that are offline. 

Since my setup is still an on-going process, I might have changed something, somewhere but I did not change anything specific to this problem. 

The conference was autoconnect, using Cisco Meeting Server and the number of participants didnt matter. 

I guess this topic is now resolved...

Hi Mihkel,

In case this pops up again, make sure you are not trying to schedule H323 calls to the CMS.  I have see this mess up booking conferences before.

Thanks!

Hei

I'll keep this in mind, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: