cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to login to TCS web interface

jarrod sousa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i am having an issue with a TCS that shipped running version S5.3 from the factory. i can RDP into the Windows OS no problem and access the OS management web page over port 8098 no problem, but if i try to login to the application web interface i get a username/password error.  any ides on what is causing the issue?  the server was working fine until after a reboot.  thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Patrick, http:///tcs/#page:login&rescue:true method is used for the local administrator to log in if for some reason when LDAP authentication is configured on TCS and local users cannot log in.

BR,

Mahesh Adithiyha

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jarrod - Can you be more specific as to the configuration of your TCS (attached to a domain, groups, or using local TCS accounts, etc) and the exact error or symptoms it is doing when you're trying to login?

Did you try to do a repair install via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs?  In the past when I've had login issues, that fixed most of them, as it was usually something to do with the TCS application on the server.

Hi

In addition to what patrick is saying here which I agree with, if you for some reason changed the login to domain or ldap you could try to access the TCS webinterface by typing in this URL

http:///tcs/#page:login&rescue:true

Then use administrator + password to log in.

This will use the local authentication, since if you changed to domain or ldap without adding a domain/ldap user to the siteadmin before logging in with it you will basically block your self out since you are no longer authenticating locally to the box.

This is one way to go, but Patricks's answer is also valid if you did not make any changes to the authentication.

/Magnus

I should also note, that in the past with our authentication errors, as a result of something unknown the TCS application had stopped working in a way.  Either the authentication settings in IIS or the database, something to that extent which resulted in an error message when simply trying to view the TCS website or when trying to login it would just keep going in a loop such a way that when you login, it would just pop back up the login prompt.

So without really knowing any specfic details of what you are seeing or the symptoms of what is happening when you try to login, it's really hard to say what to try or do to fix it.  Authentication errors could be a number of things, as mentioned in my first post.

Mangus - I don't want to go off on another conversation here, but it might be beneficial.  What exactly does that login method you provide do?

Hi Patrick, http:///tcs/#page:login&rescue:true method is used for the local administrator to log in if for some reason when LDAP authentication is configured on TCS and local users cannot log in.

BR,

Mahesh Adithiyha

OK so Mahesh had the solution, allthough i am confident that rebuilding the server would have worked too

the issue was when i tried to get LDAP connected, which was unsuccessful, i didnt change it back to local auth mode.  either way IMO this is serious flaw with the product as the local administrator account should always have access (just like with VCS) and you shouldnt be allowed to save the config in LDAP auth, if it can't successfully connect to the LDAP server. that way the sever is more idiot proofed for guys like me

Hi

This is documented in the documentation. That is also this url in case this will happen. The documentation also tells you to create a user when changing to ldap. If the url was the solution this was provided in my first post if you look upwards in the thread:) i'm glad it helped you.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: