cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to make a direct H323 to h323 call with sx80

schewej
Level 1
Level 1

We have a SX80 that's registered with our CUCM (ver 9.1.2) and we're unable to make direct IP to IP video calls with it. I've created local contacts and set the protocol to h323 and in the configuration I've set the H323 protocol to "direct".  No luck. I have another sx80 that's not registered with the CUCM and it works just fine. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When an endpoint is registered to CUCM, H323 is automatically disabled, as CUCM is a SIP call control server. You'll need to make the call using SIP and route through a VCS/Expressway to interwork the call between the H323 and SIP endpoints.

Also, since H323 isn't supported, dialing via IP address isn't either, however there is a workaround for this: Dial IP Addresses from Endpoints Registered to CUCM with VCS / Expressway Configuration Example.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Vallender
Level 3
Level 3

I would suspect the CUCM configuration is blocking/not routing the call.  There may be a setting for 'allowing direct IP calls' or you mignt try/have an administrator try doing a diagnostic checking the dialing pattern to see how the call would be handled.

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

What is the default call protocol ? is it set to SIP ?

Because ip-address calls won't work with cucm, so what you have to do is on call window, select the call protocol as H323 and then dial.

Check if that works.

Regards,

Alok

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When an endpoint is registered to CUCM, H323 is automatically disabled, as CUCM is a SIP call control server. You'll need to make the call using SIP and route through a VCS/Expressway to interwork the call between the H323 and SIP endpoints.

Also, since H323 isn't supported, dialing via IP address isn't either, however there is a workaround for this: Dial IP Addresses from Endpoints Registered to CUCM with VCS / Expressway Configuration Example.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: