Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Understanding the reason of EX90 SIP registration failure w/CUCM 8.5

Hi guys!

Are there any assumptions about SIP registration failure looking through the log?

TC 4.2.1

Mar 20 11:35:02 (none) main: Thread TshelldC has TID 2425

Mar 20 11:35:13 (none) main: 88.05 SipReg W: Transport failed to send registration (sipexcept:  8).

Mar 20 11:35:13 (none) main: 88.05 SipStack W: SipReg F Unexpected server status: 8

Mar 20 11:35:18 (none) main: 93.06 DnsLocator I: locate(): we've  failed, give up for now

Mar 20 11:35:18 (none) main: 93.06 DnsLocator I: locatedAt() ipv4 unspec 192.168.144.60, port 536870911

Mar 20 11:35:53 (none)  main: 128.45 SipStack I: NETConnectRej: Connection timed out

Mar 20 11:35:53 (none) main: 128.45 SipStack !ER SipTrnsp() pEntry->SocketId.nsLocal=0x10000  does not match search id=0x0

Mar 20 11:36:13 (none) main: 148.05 SipReg W: Transport failed to send registration (sipexcept: 8).

Mar 20 11:36:13 (none)  main: 148.05 SipStack W: SipReg F Unexpected server status: 8

Mar 20 11:36:18 (none) main: 153.06 DnsLocator I: locate(): we've failed, give up for now

KR

Andriy

9 REPLIES
Gold

Understanding the reason of EX90 SIP registration failure w/CUCM

Andriy,

assuming that you are attempting to register to a VCS, does anything show up in the VCS event log or in the diagnostics log on the VCS?

'Mar 20 11:35:53 (none)  main: 128.45 SipStack I: NETConnectRej: Connection timed out' could indicate a firewall problem but difficult to say without seeing some logs/network traces.

-Andreas

Re: Understanding the reason of EX90 SIP registration failure w/

Try changing the transport type to TCP / UDP instead of Auto.

Worked for me. EX 60 using TC5.1 registered with CUCM 8.6.

Hope this helps.

Hi Andriy

after changing the transport type to TCP / UDP, follow these steps. I´ve done it with CUCM 8.6, but give it a try with CUCM 8.5, but keep in mind, that there is no BFCP available with CUCM 8.5.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3497905#3497905

on CUCM:

- use Third Party SIP Device

- configure Digest User Authentication (including an End User with username=extension to keep it simple)

- check location and region config (configure enough video bandwith beetween the used regions)

- check if BFCP is enabled

- configure Extension Line

- check Calling Search Space config

on EX90, C20 etc.

- set SIP Device URI to [extension]@[CUCM IP]

- set username / password for the configured CUCM Enduser

- User CUCM IP for SIP Proxy

- set default calling procoll to SIP (Default=H.323)

- check default call Bandwith setting

- check maximum Bandwith setting

- check Video Setting at Video Input 1 -> should be set to "sharpness" for 1080p (otherwise maximum quality would be 720p)

regards

Tino

Hi everybody!

Thx 2 all.

The post is too old. The only thing which has helped to register Ex90 and C20  is CUCM 8.6 with some settings.

KR

AZ

Andriy

Youre asking a question, which has been resolved by your own in the past? That´s really weird

But: If you´re using the EX90 device type on CUCM with TC4.x, the endpoint will not register to CUCM, because it doesn´t send the correct device type, which is expected by CUCM. With TC4.x it will only work with the Third Party Device type on CUCM.

I had asked a qn before it was solved by me in another post -- asked on 13.03.2012--resolved 28.03.2012.

--"But: If you´re using the EX90 device type on CUCM with TC4.x, the endpoint will not register to CUCM, because it doesn´t send the correct device type, which is expected by CUCM. With TC4.x it will only work with the Third Party Device type on CUCM."

No, Ex90 will register being native with CUCM 8.6 using TC4.2.1. I did it in my experiment. You can read about it here https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2137359.

I didn't register Ex90 with CUCM 8.5 even with all settings aka Third Party Device type.

KR

AZ

that´s very interesting, because I have done a test, where I found out, that using the "real" device type doesn´t work with latest TC4. But maybe there is a difference between EX90 and C20 etc on CUCM.

Anyway, TC5 and CUCM 8.6(2a) are available :-)

regards

Tino

That is really very interesting, Tino!

Ex90 & C20 have the same software type in my offices TC 4.2.1. Their behavior is identical. C20 has PR & DD options. Ex90 has PR, DD, MS options. So for regestering with TC 4.2.1 firmware aboard with CUCM 8.6.2 you should use my action plan in other post.

The other interesting situation is that we may not upgrade TC 4.2.1 to 5.x because we've no service contract. License keys are valid only for TC.4.2.1. When i had experiments with downgrading to TC 3.x and upgrading to TC 5.x we lost all options.

If you've got TC5 & CUCM 8.6 -- you only should go ahead to future changings and tasks till CUCM 9.x!

KR

AZ

Views
Helpful
Replies