Views
Helpful
Replies

UNREACHABLE DESTINATION VCSc

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

ALCON,

I have a neighbor relationship up with a site and the distant end site is able to dial into our bridge via IP and alias.  I am able to dial to a distant end end point via alias.  

Problem is when the distant end trys to dial into an end on my end that is registered to the cluster it does not connect.

Do not even get a ring.

The system is functional 100 percent.  I can dial the distant end via alias with no problem ...

I checked the Search History and see the system tries to connect and see a "Unreachable Destination" error ??? So it appears the call makes it to my cluster VCS but will not route to the endpoint???

Any ideas.

I can make other calls both ways via alias with other neighbor relationship sites.

Thank you.      

Chet Cronin
801-815-3539(USA)
+9379 601-3954 (Afghanistan)

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

If your VCS is running in Direct mode, theorically, you don't need to create a search rule with destination Any IP address.

Tell me something, did you try to call this MXP 1000 endpoint dialling IP address from a local endpoint registered to the same local VCS? Does it work?

Also, can you try to temporarily disable the "Any IP address" search rule and try again calling from the remote site? Can you post the details of the search history?

In addition, if you try to call this MXP endpoint from the remote site dialling number instead of IP address, does it work? Can you confirm?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you could let us know more about your deployment.

Which software versions are used (VCS, endpoints) and which type of endpoint.

How does the exact call flow look like, which protocols are used, what address was dialed, ...

Also what do you see in the logs and how does the search detail for this call look

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chet,

You should check the dial plan configuration in your VCS. Check this:

Is your VCS Control configured to work in Direct or Indirect call mode? If you have VCS Expressway, so your VCS Control is probably configured with Indirect mode, that means, to route calls to your local endpoints via IP address, you would need to configure a search rule with destination Any IP address with target Local Zone.

Can you confirm whether your VCS is using Direct or Indirect Mode?

Furthermore, as Martin said, you need to post further information about your environment, including how your telepresence components are integrated with each other, protocols involved and so on.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thank you fboth for your responses.

1. Running version 7.2.2

2. Running in direct mode

3. Search rule for any IP address to the local zone has been created

4. Search history indicates the call routed properly.

5. The EP that it's trying to connect with is an MXP1000 running 9.3

As I mentioned It's only with that neighbor I see the issue.

The error is on the incoming side when the distant end from that neighbor is calling us.  I see the SETUP is successful but the error is destination unknown ??? I am stumped.

VR

Chet Cronin
801-815-3539(USA)

Chet Cronin

Hi,

If your VCS is running in Direct mode, theorically, you don't need to create a search rule with destination Any IP address.

Tell me something, did you try to call this MXP 1000 endpoint dialling IP address from a local endpoint registered to the same local VCS? Does it work?

Also, can you try to temporarily disable the "Any IP address" search rule and try again calling from the remote site? Can you post the details of the search history?

In addition, if you try to call this MXP endpoint from the remote site dialling number instead of IP address, does it work? Can you confirm?

Regards

Paulo Souza

I am in the direct mode but when I try to call another local system registered to the VCS  via IP it does not work.

I can't call it via Alias either.

Error calling IP = No destination

Error calling Alias =  No destination

Any alias rule is at pri 100 continue target local zone

Any IP is at pri 5 continue target local zone

????

Chet Cronin
801-815-3539(USA)

Chet Cronin

I just noticed something.

In the search history of another VCS that I have which is almost set up the same way as the cluster vcs.

I noticed that the domain name isn't being appended on the cluster vcs as like on the other VCS which is working ???

I have the exact same transforms built along with the any alias and any ip search rules ???  There are only three of them.

They both indicated the transforms tranformed in the search history.

any Idea ???

Trans pri 1 = ([^@}) replace \1@domain.com

Trans pri 2 = (.*)@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX((:|,.*)?  replace \1@domain.com

Trans pri 3 = (\d+)@domain.com  replace \1

And the any Ip and any alias search rules in place.

Chet Cronin
801-815-3539(USA)

Chet Cronin

Things are becoming confused here, I am not understanding your issue anymore. Let's start from the beginning:

Regarding your VCS cluster, tell me:

Endpoints registered to this same VCS cluster, are they able to call each other dialling IP address or even dialing alias? What is the alias of your endpoints, XXXX or XXXX@domain.com? Can you post here the search rules and transforms that you have configured in  your VCS cluster?

Regarding your another VCS, tell me:

According to the transforms you have created, the call will match search rules always using the format "xxxx@domain.com", because you are transforming. So, you need to check what is the alias your endpoint is using to register, if they register only XXXX (with no domain), so you need to create a serach rule that matches XXXX@domain and relace to XXXX, so that it can match the alias of your endpoint. If your endpoint are registering using XXXX@domain alias, so I guess the call should match just fine using search rule Any Alias. So you should check the search history of the call to see if it is transformed correctly and the destination is really correct.

Can you check this?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Currently Being Moderated

Sep 30, 2013 9:08 AM (in response to Chet Cronin)

Re: UNREACHABLE DESTINATION VCSc

Things are becoming confused here, I am not understanding your issue anymore. Let's start from the beginning:

Regarding your VCS cluster, tell me:

No they are not able to connect via IP or alias.  I have two systems in the same office.  No joy dialing IP or alias.

When I move both systems to direct I can connect via IP.  When I register them to a stand alone VCS together it works fine via IP or alias. 

What is the alias of your endpoints, XXXX or XXXX@domain.com?

The alias numbers are 6982369007 and 6982369004. We are doing 10 digit dialing. They are H.323 no SIP.

Can you post here the search rules and transforms that you have configured in your VCS cluster?  No our systems are on a classified secure network. I have to email screen shots to the Classified Network support folks.

Regarding your another VCS, tell me:

According to the transforms you have created, the call will match search rules always using the format "xxxx@domain.com", because you are transforming. So, you need to check what is the alias your endpoint is using to register, if they register only XXXX (with no domain), so you need to create a serach rule that matches XXXX@domain and relace to XXXX, so that it can match the alias of your endpoint. If your endpoint are registering using XXXX@domain alias, so I guess the call should match just fine using search rule Any Alias. So you should check the search history of the call to see if it is transformed correctly and the destination is really correct.

I have created the above rules.  Would it be a priority issue???

Yes I did see that it transformed and when to the local zone with the no route to destination error ???

Mind boggling as I know it's a simple fix. 

VR

Chet Cronin
801-815-3539(USA)

Chet Cronin

Hi Chet,

Your endpoints are using extension 6982369007 without domain, and you are using transforms to suffix the domain to the extension. Therefore, you need to create a search rule that matches XXXXXX@domain and replace it by XXXXX, something like this:

search rule example.png

Do you have a search rule like that??

In addition, when you check the details of the search history, check if this search rule above appears in the list of attempts, and make sure that the number in all search path are correct.

Also, make sure that your endpoint are registered to VCS and using the correct alias.

Regards

Paulo Souza

I created the rule and got the same issue.  We think it's our firewall causing the issue.  Will get back you to confirm.

I really appreciate your help as it has helped us look at other areas as well.

Thank you.

Chet Cronin
801-815-3539(USA)

Chet Cronin