Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgarding 4x camera manually without codec

Hi all,

Does anybody know how to upgrade a 4x camera manually without a codec?

I want to know if it is possible to upgrade only camera software.

(I know the way to upgrade 12x camera by using daisy chain described in "TANDBERG_PrecisionHD_12x_Ethernet_Upgrade_Application_Note.pdf".)

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you can use the same procedure as above to upgrade a 4X camera without having a codec. The only difference will be that the SANGAM prompt is not reached automatically as in the case of a broken camera. For a working camera you need to instruct the camera to get the boot prompt by rebooting camera, and hit the key. That should get you the SANGAM prompt from which you can execute the upgrade command(s).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Kotaro,

A dedicated document is available here which can help you to upgrade the camera manually using either the USB procedure or the Serial recovery procedure.

Please have a look at the section Camera Firmware Recovery Procedures in the following document :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-25123

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Thank you for your prompt reply, Mubashshir.

I know that procedure, and unfortunately it is only for faulty camera, isn't it?

In this case, I want to upgrade NOT faulty camera.

If a camera is not faulty, we can not see SANGAM prompt such as "No valid Uimage presentSANGAM# " ?

That means we can not use "/s0/fu /s0/Sangam.pkg  -d " command to transfer camera software.

Or is there any way to use SANGAM prompt for non faulty camera?

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

My apologies Kotaro. I am not aware of any other procedure.

Maybe someone else can help you out for that.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hello,

you can use the same procedure as above to upgrade a 4X camera without having a codec. The only difference will be that the SANGAM prompt is not reached automatically as in the case of a broken camera. For a working camera you need to instruct the camera to get the boot prompt by rebooting camera, and hit the key. That should get you the SANGAM prompt from which you can execute the upgrade command(s).

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your information.

I can not try that now, becauseI have only 12x cameras here, so I will try that once I get 4x camera.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto

Hi Danny,

We received a 4x camera today and found that procedure you informed me worked correctly.

The procedure we have done is as follows:

1.Connect  a camera (non-faulty camera) to PC (Camera control RJ45 port -->  Camera control DB9 M port -->  DB9 F/F Null modem cable --> USB to  serial DB9 M --> PC USB port)

2.Power up the camera and hit key as soon as  "boot_delay:3" is displayed.

After that we could see SANGAM# prompt and entered "/s0/fu /s0/Sangam.pkg -d" command.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Kotaro Hashimoto