cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade capacity port license on MCU all series (4200, 4500, and 5300)

Hi all,

I want to ask a question about capacity port license on MCU all series (4200, 4500, and 5300),

below my question :

1.     Can I upgrade capacity port license on MCU (4200, 4500, and 5300 series) without change the MCU hardware?

For example upgrade capacity port license from MCU 4505 to MCU 4510 without change the MCU hardware,

Is it possible?

Please advise,

Thanks,

Ovindo.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can add as many port licesnse as you wish up to the maximum of the MCU is capable to have, for that particular MCU model.

If I understand your question correctly, you're asking if you can upgrade capacity from a MCU 4505 to 4510?  That will require a hardware change, because their different models.

Hi Patrick,

"You can add as many port licesnse as you wish up to the maximum of the MCU is capable to have, for that particular MCU model."

Which model MCU that you mean?

can you give me an example for this?

thanks,

Ovindo

It applies to any model.

For example a MCU 5310 can have a maximum of 5 LIC-5300-4PL media port licenses.  If you for some reason only order 3 of them, you can then order 2 more to increase the media port licenses up to the max of 5.  A MCU 5320 can have up to 10 LIC-5300-4PL media port licenses.  As I said, you just have to check the data sheets for your particular MCU model and see what the maximum media port licenses it can have, if you're not already to the maximum, you can add more.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: