cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade cisco codec C20/C40 to 6.1.2, meetings lost on cisco touch

maken
Level 1
Level 1

So I upgraded a few Cisco codec C40 and C20 from 5.1.6 to 6.1.2, the process was smooth.   It upgraded the codec device and the cameras but once the upgrade was completed,  the cisco touch panel lost all the meetings.  Is there a way to put all the meetings (pulled from outlook calendars) on the cisco touch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A mix of CUCM and TMS is not really supported.

Anyhow, regards the TMS, can you set a admin password on the endpoint and then add this

password under the connection tab in the system navigator for this endpoint.

After that do a force refresh and enforce management settings and see if the meetings show up again.

As TMS pushes this information it would be the correct symptom of not showing this info when

there is a communication / authentication issue.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Kjetil Ree
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Which management system do you use, and which call control device?

Regards,

Kjetil

maken
Level 1
Level 1

We use TelePresence Management Suite v14.2.0 for management.

For call control, we use Cisco Unified CM 8.6.2.21900-5

That would explain it.

The touch panel calendars are not persisted on the endpoint when you boot it, and they have to be resent by TMS. However, because the endpoint is registered to a CUCM, the boot event from the endpoints goes to the CUCM, not to TMS. TMS has thus no way of knowing that the endpoint has rebooted and that it needs to resend the calendar.

However, TMS has a fallback mechanism in cases like this, and that is to resend the calendars once every 24 hours, just in case.

-Kjetil

How do you set it to resend the calendars?

I went and dig into the TSM and found that one of the "Templates - Update Systems with template xxxx Endpoints Cisco" failed daily due to "Authentification failure. wrong password for system "xxxxxxxxx"

That template was fine before the Codec upgrade, after the codec 6.1.2 update, the password was lost/reset to blank and I had to reenter the same password to our codec systems.  Is there a way to edit the template to remember the password?  it is the same password before the codec upgrade.

A mix of CUCM and TMS is not really supported.

Anyhow, regards the TMS, can you set a admin password on the endpoint and then add this

password under the connection tab in the system navigator for this endpoint.

After that do a force refresh and enforce management settings and see if the meetings show up again.

As TMS pushes this information it would be the correct symptom of not showing this info when

there is a communication / authentication issue.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi,

Martin is correct, you cannot have the endpoints provisioned by TMS and CUCM at the same time. According to Cisco documentation, in particular the "Administering TC Endpoints on CUCM" guide, you should provision your endpoints by using CUCM and not TMS, that means, TMS will lose some managment features over the endpoints. For example, phonebook will be provided by CUCM... configuration templates, phonebooks, backup/restore and another features won't be provided by TMS anymore, so you should not use the option "enforce management settings", because the managment settings must to point to CUCM and not to TMS.

There is a partial provisioning method, but it is not official, therefore you should follow the guides provided by Cisco.

Furthermore, when adding the TC endopints to TMS, you cannot add the system by using the common process (putting the IP address and the password), you have to choose the option "from list - CUCM", so that TMS will import the TC endpoints from CUCM registered endpoints list. Therefore, TMS must to be integrated with CUCM following the TMS Administrator Guide.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thank You! I was able to enter the password in systems-navigator-(select each endpoints)-connections and that solved my authenication issue which in turn solved the meetings not showing up in the touch panels/endpoints.  Thank you everyone.

Hi Maken,

Great to hear your issue is resolved.

However, I realize you are not using the correct deployment when registering TC endpoints to CUCM, because the endpoints should be provisioned by CUCM and not by TMS. But in your case, they are only registered to CUCM but provisioned by TMS. I just want to advise you this deployment is not officially supported and you can have some issues, for example:

• If you go to CUCM and press "apply config" button for a C20 device, CUCM will try to remake the configuration of the endpoints, CUCM will try to configure phonebook and provisioning options pointing to itself and not to TMS, so that your TMS phonebooks wont be showed on the endpoint anymore, as well as the CDR won't be uploaded to TMS anymore, once the settings are now ponting to CUCM and not TMS
  • If you have some issue and open a TAC request, TAC will tell you are not using the correct deployment and you will be suggested to move to the correct deployment

Of course you can deploy your equipments the way you want, but I think it is really important to follow Cisco's suggestion and documentation. In this case, the "Administering TC endpoints in CUCM" guide contain the official deployment. As I stated above, the official deployment has some limitation and you will lose some features, but it is official. Furthermore, Cisco is working to improve the support for TC endpoints provisioned by CUCM, you can expect reacher features in the future.

I am not suggesting you to move from your deployment to Cisco deployment, not at all. I am just advising about the problems you can have, because I have a deployment like that too.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo,

Thank you for the advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: