Views
Helpful
Replies

Using CTS EX60 without CUCM

Edson Vuma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to test the CTS EX60 telepresence solution without registering to CUCM or other platform.

Is there a way to attribe to it a private IP and make NATs to test if it works or not?

I have a CTSMX200 registered to CUCM, and I want to use this one to test (if possible) the EX60.

Any help?

--
Regards
Edson Vuma       

-- Regards Edson Vuma
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tamer Ozbay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edson,

You will have a private address like 192.168.2.X behind a NAT router or XDSL modem. Than you have to setup on the H323 settings on the NAT mode:On and you have the write down the Public IP address of the router or ADSL modem.

You have the setup "port allocation: static" and after that on the RTP Ports Range settings you can see the TCP/UDP port range.

There is last setup on the router or modem. You have to setup port addres translation for internal IP address of the EX60 with this RTP port because If you receive an H323 video call form internet with Public IP address, the modem/router need to know to which local IP address should redirect this packages.

The summary of port rules:

192.168.2.x   tcp 1720  call signalline

192.168.2.x    tcp/udp (your RTP port range)

If you do the same setup on the both EX60, they can call each other and other VC systems on internet and they can receive call from other VC systems.

Best Regards...

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edson,

you can test with direct IP - IP call.

assign IP address to EX60 unit in same IP range as MX200 ( both should be able to reach each other on network).

in H323 configuration , set call setup to direct ( both devices).

make default call protocol on EX60 as H323 and try to dial MX200 IP from EX 60 unit.

Thanks, let me try this.

But one more question.

If the units are on different networks which have no connection each other, only Internet? How I can configure this?

Is it possible to make NAT on the units?

Best regards

--
Regards
Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma

Hi Edson,

yes, you can configure the NAT settings on both units under H323 settings.

Tamer Ozbay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edson,

You will have a private address like 192.168.2.X behind a NAT router or XDSL modem. Than you have to setup on the H323 settings on the NAT mode:On and you have the write down the Public IP address of the router or ADSL modem.

You have the setup "port allocation: static" and after that on the RTP Ports Range settings you can see the TCP/UDP port range.

There is last setup on the router or modem. You have to setup port addres translation for internal IP address of the EX60 with this RTP port because If you receive an H323 video call form internet with Public IP address, the modem/router need to know to which local IP address should redirect this packages.

The summary of port rules:

192.168.2.x   tcp 1720  call signalline

192.168.2.x    tcp/udp (your RTP port range)

If you do the same setup on the both EX60, they can call each other and other VC systems on internet and they can receive call from other VC systems.

Best Regards...

Thanks Amit and Tamer.

1. NAT mode on H.323 settings

using the browser or using the telepresence itself?

2. Port allocation: static

Where do I make this configuration?

2.1 RTP ports range settings

This is in the router right?

Is there a specific port to be used or I can use any of those?

3. Last setup

I can see that it depends on the above steps. No worries on this.

But I didnt get your summary of port rules.

Can you please clarify to me?

Best wishes and thanks one more time.

--
Regards
Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma

Hi Edson,

All thses settings are available under system configuration in web interface of ennpoint.

just configure them and it will work accordingly.

Hi,

This is the GUI.

What do I set this up?

Do I have to repeat the same IP address on the NAT config here on H.323 settings?

--
Regards
Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma

Sorry for the above question.

Here are the configurations I have made so far:

Part 1:

Part 2:

So the last step now is to configure these NATs:

192.168.10.34   tcp 1720

192.168.10.34   tcp/udp 2326

?

I follow these instructions on the router?

Best regards,

-- Regards Edson Vuma

One last thing.

The EX60 is connected on a switch which is connected to the device that has the public IP address.

Wont this be a problem? Do I really add on the NAT address the external address or the internal address?

Best regards

Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma

Thanks, guys,

This worked just fine.

--

Regards
Edson Vuma

-- Regards Edson Vuma
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: