Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Active Directory Service is not using TLS encryption

Hi,

I have VCSC and VCSE Cluster implemented in my setup, and I am using TMS 13.2 and VCS 7.1 Version.

I have TMSPE running on my TMS Server. All  Cisco jabber users are getting authenticated from AD by using Active Directory Service in VCS Control and VCS Expressway.

In VCS Device authentication configuration, Database type is pointing to Local Database and NTLM protocol challenges is set to Auto.

I don't have TLS Encryption is enabled on Active Directory Service Configuration page.

My Cisco Jabber authentication is working properly from both VCSC and VCSE. But I am seeing a below mentioned security alert on both VCSC and VCSE.

I am ok with the current configuration.

But I would like to know is it mandatory to have TLS encryption enabled on VCS,  will this alert make any problem in future, if it is not is there any option to disable this.

i know i can use acknowledge option, but i don't want to see this NTLM alarm anymre if it is not impacting anything.

Regards,

Nikhil Jayan

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

at least its impacting the security, so its ok that it shows up.

You can ack it but it will most likely show up a gain after a reboot and maybe in TMS.

It is not required, but I would recomended to use TLS.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nikhil,

TLS encryption to Active Directory is not required on the VCS side. The warning you are seeing is warning you that the communication between the VCS and Active Directory is un-encrypted. It is a security warning that does not affect functionality.

Zac