Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Alarms

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

Could you please help me with the below mentioned Alarms which I am recieving on My VCS along with the solution to them and how to go about them :-

VCS.png

Regards,

Saurabh

3 Replies 3

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Saurabh

Alarm1: TMS Provisioning Extension is a new feature supported in TMS 13.2. If you don’t have TMS 13.2 Installed you will need to upgrade your TMS and follow the TMS provisioning extension deployment guide.

Alarm2: Check the Time setting on your VCS Control.

>VCS Control > System >Time

Alarm3&4: Go to TMS > Administrator Settings > Configuration > TMS Agent Setting.

You can change the default passwords here.

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1st alarm - Configuration alarm: This is more notification to use “TMS Provisioning Extension” as recommend provisioning configuration instead of legacy TMS Agent mode.

2nd alarm – Data and time alarm: This alarm raise if VCS is not able to obtain time information from NTP server (also this alarm will raise right after system restart until VCS obtain time information from NTP server even all NTP and DNS parameters has properly configured)

3rd alarm – LDAP password alarm: This alarm indicating VCS is running with legacy TMS Agent mode and LDAP password is still default.

Action link will bring you help page how to resolve this alarm, but if you are not using TMS then simply login VCS by using ssh client (with root account), then change the password by executing “tmsagent_ldap_passwd” command.

4th alarm – Replication password alarm: This alarm indicating VCS is running with legacy TMS Agent mode and replication password is still default.

Action link will bring you help page how to resolve this alarm, but if you are not using TMS then simply login VCS by using ssh client (with root account), then change the password by executing “tmsagent_replication_passwd” command.

Valentin Ichim
Level 1
Level 1

Don't worry about alarm 1,3 and 4. You jave to setup a ntp server ( best the same setup on TMS ) .

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: