Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS-C and VCS-E

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am having issue with traversal zone in VCS and VCS-E. there is a traversal client zone in VCS-C with H.323 and SIP enable. when dial out to the internet endpoint, which is H.323 endpoint, VCS-C uses SIP instead of H.323 and I am getting this error message "Invalid alias for SIP interworking". I want VCS to make H.323 dial to the VCS-E instead of SIP. On the other hand, I don't want to disable SIP in traversal zone.

If you show me how to resolve this issue, I'd very appreciate.

thanks

Alex

4 Replies 4

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Alex,

if you check the zone status for this traversal client zone on the VCS-C, does this zone display as 'Active' both for H323 and SIP?

From what you describe, it sounds like the H323 portion of the traversal zone is not properly up, which is why the call would go out on SIP. If this is the case, I would recommend you check that the traversal zone is configured identically on the VCS-C and VCS-E (With regards to port and protocol for H323), and that your firewall has been configured to allow this outbound traffic.

- Andreas

Hi Andeas,

both SIP and H.323 are  "active" in VCS-C and VCS-E zones. but when I dial the endpoint manually from MSE 8000, call is successful and connected.

but it is getting failed when dial from MSE by scheduling portal.

thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

in that case it sounds like the problem lies with the scheduling portal rather than the VCS configuration.

Is this the scheduling tool in TMS you are talking about? Are you able to select the call protocol (SIP or H323) when booking calls with this tool?

- Andreas

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

> when I dial the endpoint manually from MSE 8000, call is successful and connected.

> but it is getting failed when dial from MSE by scheduling portal.

Does dialing URL same when you are making call manually from MSE Web GUI and also scheduling call (if TMS is, you should able to see dial-out URL in booking confirmation)?

If you have other Endpoint on same network as MSE, do you see same behavior making a manual call and schedule call from that internal Endpoint to Endpoint on internet?