Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS C & Lync integration with AMGW 3610 -

ffamiliari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer interested in a Lync intergration with an AMGW-3610. He wants to use the AMGW for certains calls but not for all. I am wondering if there is a way to differentiate (prefix?) calls throught AMGW and others calls (media direct between Lync and endpoints) and to "create 2 differents routes"?

Regarding the way the integration LYNC/VCS works I don't think it is possible but maybe I missed something...

Have you an idea if it possible and how to proceed (and any limitations)?

Thank you

Best regards

François

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

You should be able to do this on the VCS under Applications > B2BUA > Microsoft OCS/Lync > Transcoder policy rules

Have an allow rule for those uri  that you want to use the AMGW and a default deny at a lower priority to stop everyone else

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gubadman
Level 3
Level 3

You should be able to do this on the VCS under Applications > B2BUA > Microsoft OCS/Lync > Transcoder policy rules

Have an allow rule for those uri  that you want to use the AMGW and a default deny at a lower priority to stop everyone else

Hi Guy,

Thank you for your answer. So if I understand, it means that my customer must determine which Lync users are allowed to use AMGW, and if a call is placed from or to these users, medias will go throught AMGW. If none of these users are involved in the call, AMGW will not be used.

But, is the rule only based on the Lync users URI or is it also based on endpoints URI? I mean, should i also determine which endpoints will be allowed to use AMGW or is there only a check on the Lync users?

Thanks

Best Regards

François

Hi François,

Take a look at this document -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Microsoft_OCS_2007_R2_Lync_and_Cisco_AM_GW_1-0_1-1_Deployment_Guide_X7-0.pdf

page 12 & 13 covers what you want - it depends on your deployment.

Thanks,

Guy

Hi,

Thank you Guy

You are right, this is exactly what i was looking for! I have this doc but missed this!

Many thx

Best regards

François

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: