Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Vcs Calls Routing Ip Address

Hi ,

i've a question about the configuration of my VCS Control.

In my scenario , i've a Vcs Control and Vcs Express Way.

i've implemented the rule in VCS Control:

....the problem: same Endpoint not work with a gatekeeper registration and receive only a ip calls. The ip call go all in internet, (from express way)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

source: AllZones

Mode: Any IP Address    

On successful match: Continue

Target :  Traversal  (zone to VCS Express Way)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if i call a Endpoint in Internet , all works correctly, but if i must call via ip address an Endpoint in Internel network (that have ip address 10.x.x.x) , there call go to Express Way.

I want to set in the VCS Control the rules that use the dial plan direct for all ip address internel (that begins to 10.*) and use the dial plan indirect for the call "unknow ip address"

thanks for your help

FCostalunga

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold

Hi FC,

you can solve this by creating a subzone on the VCS Control where the subzone membership rule contains the subnet(s) with the internal IP range(s). For subzones containing IP address ranges, the IP addresses which fall within these ranges will be considered known to the VCS, and when an endpoint dials one of these IP addresses the VCS Control will attempt to set up the call towards this IP address itself rather than proxying the call attempt through to the Expressway.

For this you will also need an 'AnyIPAddress' search rule on your VCS Control which points to the Local Zone.

For reference, I recommend you read through the 'IP dialing' section in the VCS Administrator's guide for X7, which explains further on the subject.

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer calling IP addresses rather than H323/SIP URI?

Hope this helps,

Andreas

2 REPLIES
Gold

Hi FC,

you can solve this by creating a subzone on the VCS Control where the subzone membership rule contains the subnet(s) with the internal IP range(s). For subzones containing IP address ranges, the IP addresses which fall within these ranges will be considered known to the VCS, and when an endpoint dials one of these IP addresses the VCS Control will attempt to set up the call towards this IP address itself rather than proxying the call attempt through to the Expressway.

For this you will also need an 'AnyIPAddress' search rule on your VCS Control which points to the Local Zone.

For reference, I recommend you read through the 'IP dialing' section in the VCS Administrator's guide for X7, which explains further on the subject.

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer calling IP addresses rather than H323/SIP URI?

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Great !!!!!!

Work very well.

Thanks for your help.

by

FCostalunga

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content