cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS cluster broken 8.7

pralhad pawar
Level 1
Level 1

We are having VCS clustering with version X8.7.1, today we found alarm: Licenses of lost cluster peer have been taken off the license pool. Alarm ID 30016. What is the root cause of this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Debayan Chowdhury
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Try to reboot both the Nodes.

In case the clustering is still inactive try to remove clustering details from both the nodes and reboot the server.

Add clustering information on the master and reboot the server followed by adding clustering information on the peer

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Debayan Chowdhury
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Try to reboot both the Nodes.

In case the clustering is still inactive try to remove clustering details from both the nodes and reboot the server.

Add clustering information on the master and reboot the server followed by adding clustering information on the peer

Thanks for reply. May I know what is the root cause of this issue?

Well there could be a number of causes for the clustering too be broken. You would need to collect snapshot and open a TAC case to understand the root cause of the issue.

We opened the Cisco TAC Case: 683426684.

Hello Prahlad

I am the same engineer who was working on the same and we fixed the issue.

The reason for the clustering to break could be any changes on the server or network that might have stopped clustering communication between the nodes.

Can you call me on my desk no: +91 20 67931968 or can you join below my WebEx link:

https://barclays.webex.com/join/pralhadpawar