Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VCS Cluster configuration

I'll set up a cluster between 02 VCS-C in 8.x version and one of them will be the Master. I'll register all endpoints in this Master VCS-C, What would happen if the VCS-C Master present problems? Would my endpoints automatically be tranferred to another VCS-C(backup)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,You setup is a VCS

Hello,

You setup is a VCS cluster with one VCS acting a Master and other as a slave.

Your endpoints/Codec needs to register to the VCS cluster (You will need to update your DNS with VCS cluster name i.e clustervcs.domain.com with both VCS's ip addresses.  You can use SRV records to make one primary and the other back).  If your codecs do not support SRV record then you can put the Master VCS ip address and during the registration the Master VCS will provide teh idec with its ip address and the Slave VCS ip address. 

A good link :

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/blogs/entry/cisco-vcs-clustering-configuration.html

I hope this help.

Regards,

Ahmed

1 REPLY

Hello,You setup is a VCS

Hello,

You setup is a VCS cluster with one VCS acting a Master and other as a slave.

Your endpoints/Codec needs to register to the VCS cluster (You will need to update your DNS with VCS cluster name i.e clustervcs.domain.com with both VCS's ip addresses.  You can use SRV records to make one primary and the other back).  If your codecs do not support SRV record then you can put the Master VCS ip address and during the registration the Master VCS will provide teh idec with its ip address and the Slave VCS ip address. 

A good link :

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/blogs/entry/cisco-vcs-clustering-configuration.html

I hope this help.

Regards,

Ahmed

Views
Helpful
Replies