cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS cluster with one VCSE

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I have a VCSC cluster that I am trying to integrate with a single VCSE. How do I create the Traversal zones? Do I need two zones for the two different VCSC in the cluster. I have one VCSC with an active traversal zone and the 2nd VCSC with a failed traversal zone which causes external calls which come in on to this VCSC to fail.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate useful posts.
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi George,

Your VCSE is your traversal server and your VCSCs are its traversal clients. You must create a separate traversal server zone for every system that is its traversal client. Please refer to pg. 56 of the Cisco VCS Administrator Guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco-VCS-Administrator-Guide-X8-1.pdf).

View solution in original post

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi George,

As Alex mentioned VCS-E is your traversal server and VCS-C is traversal client.

When you cluster two VCS-C traversal zone should get replicated however you need to ensure that you have to open the ports for the peer vcs ip-address so that it can communicate to VCS-E properly.

have you opened the ports properly for the peer VCS-C so that it can communicate to VCS-E ?

regards

Alok

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi George,

Your VCSE is your traversal server and your VCSCs are its traversal clients. You must create a separate traversal server zone for every system that is its traversal client. Please refer to pg. 56 of the Cisco VCS Administrator Guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/admin_guide/Cisco-VCS-Administrator-Guide-X8-1.pdf).

Hi George,

have you had a sucess on setting up the new Traversal server zone from VCS Expressways?.

Hi Alok/Alex,

I have a same issue with the clustering setup. I have clustered the VCS Control and new VCS peer shows traversal client Zone is failed. But in the master VCS Control (its been setup before the cluster) the traversal client zone is Active. My understanding from the document, i need to setup the new traversal server zone on the VCS Expressway with the different port numbers and Authentication credentials.

We can't do any changes other than master VCS Control. it means, do i need to setup the new traversal client zone on the master VCS Control towards the same VCS Expressway with the 2nd set of ports and new credentials. if that's the case, on the master VCS Control, 2nd treversal client zone is failed and the 1st is active. on the 1st VCS Control peer, the 1st traversal zone client is failed and 2nd is active.

Am i right?.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Chris

I agree with Jens. A VCS cluster has to be seen as one VCS.

The configuration is done only on the master.

On the VCS its possible to have a n>m cluster relationship on a traversal zone or also n<m or n=m.

You simply create one traversal server zone on the single VCS-E and the user/password in the local db.

Then you create (only ont he VCS-C master) one traversal zone client neigbor zone where you

specify the one VCS-E as a peer1 using user/password, ports and settings defined on the VCS-E1.

These settings should get replicated to the VCS-C2 and both should show up

as active connections on your VCS-E as connection 1-4: (you ips and ports will most likely be different):

Connection 1
H.323: Active: <vcs-c-(nat)-ip>:1081
Connection 2
H.323: Active: <vcs-c-(nat)-ip>:1719
Connection 3
SIP: Active: <vcs-c-(nat)-ip>:1078
Connection 4
SIP: Active: <vcs-c-(nat)-ip>:25000

Check that your cluster replicates properly.

If you have any errors its most likely due to your firewall, especially if there are any h323/sip layer 3 features active which mess up the signaling.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi George,

As Alex mentioned VCS-E is your traversal server and VCS-C is traversal client.

When you cluster two VCS-C traversal zone should get replicated however you need to ensure that you have to open the ports for the peer vcs ip-address so that it can communicate to VCS-E properly.

have you opened the ports properly for the peer VCS-C so that it can communicate to VCS-E ?

regards

Alok

Thanks Alex and Alok, I will create separate Traversal zones for each Traversal client. I am guessing I will also have to duplicate the search rules for each zone?

Please rate useful posts.

Don't know about the earlier versions, but this from the x8.1 doc:

"The Master VCS will be the source of the configuration for this new VCS peer and all other VCS peers in the cluster. When a VCS is added to the cluster, its configuration will be deleted and replaced by that from the Master."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11337/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

See page 9 onwards.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.