Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS commands

stijnlaureys
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to configure a VCS using a configuration script which will be put in via SSH?

I know you can make a template via TMS. But i would like to configure it with CLI commands.

So i would like to put Xconf commands into a list. This will then be put in the VCS and by running the script, the VCS will be configured.

Greets

Stijn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stijn

Look into TeraTerm. I created some scripts with this in the past for endpoints to push different kinds of xcommand and xconfigs. Worked like a charm and its a lot of info on how to write it and send commands via ssh on the net. Not soecifically relatkng to telepresence but once you know how to connect and how to send commands its easy.

The the passwords can be hardcoded to authenticate automatically as well.

Im sure there is a lot of other methods to do this but i found this one to do the trick.

Your a smart guy so youll figure it out. I tried to find my old scripts but they are lost unfortunately.

/magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Stijn,

I don't see why not. I haven't done this exactly but I have SSH'd to a VCS and pasted commands directly at the console. It is only one additional step to do this programmatically via some scripting facility in your console app or a TCL/Expect script.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Blog: http://ucguerrilla.com

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Stijn

Look into TeraTerm. I created some scripts with this in the past for endpoints to push different kinds of xcommand and xconfigs. Worked like a charm and its a lot of info on how to write it and send commands via ssh on the net. Not soecifically relatkng to telepresence but once you know how to connect and how to send commands its easy.

The the passwords can be hardcoded to authenticate automatically as well.

Im sure there is a lot of other methods to do this but i found this one to do the trick.

Your a smart guy so youll figure it out. I tried to find my old scripts but they are lost unfortunately.

/magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Have some scripts running myself, so yes, it works fine :-)

In addition the XML HTTPS api can be quite handy as well.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

stijnlaureys
Level 1
Level 1

It works fine with teraterm!

SSH is working but you need to find the most recent. I got now version 4.7.3.

Thanks for the answers!

Stijn