Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VCS Control and VCS Express Integration

Dear All,

Right now, i am deploying VCS control and express. I am using H.323.

My topology as below :

VCS- C (local IP: 10.170.11.43) <-----> VCS - E (local IP: 10.170.10.44 NAT to 1.2.3.4) <----->  Public IP (endpoint)

my call flow from internet to local : call to public ip of expressway then using fallback alias in VCS-E, the call directed to an endpoint registered in VCS control.

In VCS-E, i already configure:

- search rule to VCS-C

- fallback alias to endpoint registered in VCS-C

- Traversal Server

- Static NAT

In VCS-C, i configure

- Traversal client

- Search rule to VCS-E

The signaling process run well (i can call to 1.2.3.4, endpoint in VCS-C ringing), but when i try to pick up, the call automatically disconected.

The reason is "New connection needed".

Did i miss something?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anju Josua

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

Hi Anhu,Do you have the Dual

Hi Anhu,

Do you have the Dual NIC licence on the VCS-E? You will need this (I believe) in this deployment scenario) and you will then set One of the interface to be on the Loacl network and one on the public/external network and allow the VCS-E to apply the NATing.

Chris

Hi Chris, Yes, i already have

Hi Chris,

Yes, i already have that license.

Thx,

Anju

Hi all,i suspect my nat

Hi all,

i suspect my nat configuration still miss something.

is there any configuration related h.323 with NAT?

Thx,

Anju

Hi Anju, NAT'ing should be

Hi Anju,

NAT'ing should be done done via the VCS-E from the DMZ to public network (with the dual NIC option), however if there is a further NAT in place between the VCS-C and VCS-E, ensure that this is on a 1:to:1 mapping and the there are no additional H.323 Application Layer Gateways (ALG) running on the device between the VCS-C and VCS-E.

To test, you could place an endpoint logicically in the DMZ and register directly to the VCS-E (thus by passing the VCS-C). Does this call out correctly.

If not, then you may need to post of more deployment info such as a diagram or log capture, search results etc.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content