Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Control Default Sub Zone and Sub Zones

chrischelvy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a question about the VCS default subzones and subzones. I thought default subzone only involves on a call if there any endpoint registered in the default subzone. But i have found any calls between the subzones are passing through the default subzone.

Scenario: VCS Control have 2 subzones ( Subzone 1 and Subzone 2) and default and Traversal subzone

Default sub zone :

Total BW : Unlimited

into/out of this Sub zone/per call : 384Kbps

SubZone 1

Total BW : unlimited

into/out of this Sub zone/per call : 512Kbps

SubZone 2

Total BW : unlimited

into/out of this Sub zone/per call : 512Kbps

Endpoint 1 registered in Sub Zone 1

Endpoint 2 registered in Sub Zone 2

Endpoint 1 calling Endpoint 2 with the call speed 512Kbps ( H.323 to h.323). But the  call is down speeding to 384 kbps, because of default subzone BW limitation. it means any calls between the subzones are pass through the default subzone and apply all the BW limitation which belong to default subzones.

if i make default subzone per call rate to " None", any calls from subzone 1 to subzone 2 is failing.

Can someone please confirm if this is default behaviour of the VCS Control?.

Thanks

Regards,

Chris

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the links on the VCS configuration, if there is not a link created between the subzones, then the call will be routed through other zones to get to the destination.  If you want the subzones to be able to go directly to each other, create a link between them.

Thanks Patrick. whenever we create the new subzone, only links created between the new subzone to Default subzone and new subzone to Traversal subzone.

so, if we want to remove any calls go via default subzone, then we need to create the Mess network links between the new subzones. i have a client with 300 sites. it means i need to create the links between the 300 sites if i need to avoid any calls go via default subzone.

Thanks

Yes, you'd have to create the links in order to make a direct path for the calls to route from one subzone to another.  I'm not sure of a way to automate this, we've always just used the default links.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: