Views
Helpful
Replies

VCS Control & Expressway Licensing

jodamus112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a client with a BE6000 deployment and the following was ordered as part of their initial implementation a few years back. They have never implemented it as they had some pre-requsites they needed to resolve first. They are now looking to implement MRA with VCS Control and Expressway for external Jabber users back to CUCM.

Which of the below SKU's relate to the VCS Control and which if any to the Expressway. I have done some research and from what I found I have the following understanding.  

I have a PAK for "LIC-SW-VMVCS-K9", which i believe to be the Release key for VCS Control

I also have a PAK for "CTI-VCSC-BE6K-PAK", which i believe to be the PAK for the VCS Control option key.

Part No. / SKU

DESCRIPTION

Quantity

CTI-VCSC-BE6K-PAK 

Config Only E-Delivery VCS Control PAK PID 

LIC-SW-VMVCS-K9 

Software Release Key for Encrypted Virtual VCS Application 

LIC-VCS-10+ 

Video Comm Server 10 Add Non-traversal Network Calls 

LIC-VCS-GW 

Enable GW Feature (H323-SIP) 

LIC-VCSE-5+ 

Video Communication Server - 5 Traversal Calls 

If my understanding above is correct, how do i obtain the keys for VCS Expressway.

Thanking you in advance.

Julian.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I checked and can't find it either, reading some of the comments from that blog, it appears that ordering Expressway-C/E has moved to PUT - Product Upgrade Tool.

Saif says:
September 19, 2016 at 4:52 am
Dear Mike,
for Collaboration Edge License Can you please help me to make BOM with $0 cost order for my Customer who is having CUCM version 11. I am trying to make BOM with $0 cost order for CUCM version 11. But i cant see the required Item name in CCW. Thanks in advance for help.

Mike White says:
September 21, 2016 at 5:33 pm
It’s changed this fiscal year. Use PUT in “advanced” mode to get Expressway license, or order a UCL-ENH or CUWL license as it will auto-include Expressway.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

With just those licenses alone, you have a VCS-C.

If the above licenses are all you have, you're missing a VCS-E, do you have another set of licenses that are for the VCS-E?

If you have CUCM, you can place a $0 order for Expressway-C/E, won't require you to purchase anything as MRA doesn't require RMS licenses.  Might be a cheaper route than purchasing the needed or missing licenses for your VCS-C/E pair if you don't have everything.

By the way, if you're missing licenses or need to add licenses to a VCS, use top level SKU L-VCS-PAK.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response. I tried to create the $0 order for Expressway-C/E previously, as per the info in the following link, https://ciscocollab.wordpress.com/2014/02/20/how-to-get-expressway-c-and-e-licenses. I can only add the top level SKU of "R-UCL-UCM-LIC-K9". When i try to add the reset of the sub SKUs I don't see it in the available list and if I search for it, it can't be added and gives the following error,

"SKU CON-ESW-RUCLUCK9 is not a valid option. Please choose another item. (C0208)"

The only way to get the other SKUs on the BOM is by adding a license at a cost.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

I checked and can't find it either, reading some of the comments from that blog, it appears that ordering Expressway-C/E has moved to PUT - Product Upgrade Tool.

Saif says:
September 19, 2016 at 4:52 am
Dear Mike,
for Collaboration Edge License Can you please help me to make BOM with $0 cost order for my Customer who is having CUCM version 11. I am trying to make BOM with $0 cost order for CUCM version 11. But i cant see the required Item name in CCW. Thanks in advance for help.

Mike White says:
September 21, 2016 at 5:33 pm
It’s changed this fiscal year. Use PUT in “advanced” mode to get Expressway license, or order a UCL-ENH or CUWL license as it will auto-include Expressway.

jodamus112
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Patrick.

i missed that but also checked through another avenue and they provided the same feedback, re. Using PUT.