Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

VCS CUCM Zone profile and BFCP

Hi,

Referring to the VCS Release Notes:

If you configure a trunk towards CUCM 8.6, you must create a custom SIP trunk that does not remove BFCP lines towards CUCM. If you choose CUCM as profile in the VCS, BFCP will be removed and dual stream (BFCP) will not be possible between CUCM and VCS.

Has this been resolved with VCS X7.0.3 and if not, what do I have to set within the custom zone profile to interop with CUCM?

Thanks!

Tino

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: VCS CUCM Zone profile and BFCP

Hi Tino,

Thanks for pointing this out. I will test in my lab.

meanwhile the information what you are looking for is you can get under the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X7-0.pdf

please check the page 46 where the parameteres sets are given for zone as CUCM.

Thanks

Alok

4 REPLIES

VCS CUCM Zone profile and BFCP

Hi,

As per my knowledge CUCM 8.6.1 and later supports BFCP. So under the CUCM SIP trunk profile option you will get a option to check/uncheck BFCP options.

Now if you using CUCM as zone profile on VCS, it by default enables the BFCP.

This can alternatively be done by selecting the zone as custom and then you you have to disable the BFCP filter under custom zone.

If you do not want to use BFCP then under custom zone on VCS, select the BFCP filter ON and then disable the BFCP option under SIP trunk profile.

Thanks

Alok

Hi Alok,

you wrote:

"Now if you using CUCM as zone profile on VCS, it by default enables the BFCP."

from TC5.1 Release Notes:

"If you choose CUCM as profile in the VCS, BFCP will be removed and dual stream (BFCP) will not be possible between CUCM and VCS."

My understanding is, that I have to use custom zone to enable BFCP, but which other settings do I have to set within this custom zone to get the similar CUCM zone behavior?

Thanks

Tino

Hi Tino,

Thanks for pointing this out. I will test in my lab.

meanwhile the information what you are looking for is you can get under the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X7-0.pdf

please check the page 46 where the parameteres sets are given for zone as CUCM.

Thanks

Alok

Thanks Alok,

maybe it would make sense to change the BFCP setting in CUCM Zone Profile or creat a second profile with BFCP enabled in future VCS Releases.

Let me know, what you can see in your lab.

Thanks

Tino

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content