Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS exp , VCS contrl , telepresence conductor and telepresence server deployment quires

Dear all,

I have a deployment of VCS control and Expressway and Telepresence conductor and Telepresence server. I configured the following for the Sip domain and registered all the VC equipment's from through our VCS control.

I configured all the appliances for Internal calls initialed and the for the external call i just need some of the DNS and SRV records for an external calls.

I just have a some quires according to this deployments.

I just need to confirmed some of the points initialed in my mind and how can we conclude these quires. kindly your quick response may highly appreciated.

1-Can I move conferences from one conference to the other with out disconnecting the calls and how we can conclude this?

2- How we can hide calls from VCS and other server or conductor no one know that who is connected and who's not?

3- Where we can control the audio gain control of the recipient?

4- Case cading and the far end camera control of the VC equipment ? can we do that in this deployment scenario?

Thanks

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

To schedule video conference

To schedule video conference and endpoint, you need Cisco TelePresence Management Suite.  Refer to the CMR Premises Solution Guide Release 7.0 and CMR Premises Deployment Guide Release 7.0 - Primary (for Unified CM), for more information on scheduling conference with Conductor.

5 REPLIES
VIP Purple

The endpoint must disconnect

The endpoint must disconnect from the conference it's currently connected to, and reconnect into the other conference.  There is no feature or ability within TelePresence Server or Conductor to move them to another conference, unlike the legacy MCU products that have this ability which was done using the web interface by an admin.

What do you mean by "hide calls"?  Any call being made by a VCS registered endpoint and or through Conductor will be visible in the VCS and Conductor logs.  TelePresence Server has name labels, which can either be turned on or off using the advanced parameters of the conference template within Conductor.

TelePresence Server doesn't have any audio controls, unlike the legacy MCU products (and again was done using the web interface by an admin).

Cascading is supported, minimum versions are Conductor X2.4 and TelePresence Server 4.0.  From what I've seen myself, but I could be wrong, FECC (moving a remote participants camera) isn't supported with Conductor and TelePresence Server.

Dear patrick,

Dear patrick,

First of all thank you so much for your quick response.

Yaa you are absolutely right patrick, Can you little elaborate it that the MCU has the ability to move or Drag the conference from one to the other using the web interface. Patrick basically it's a client question, they are using the Huawei codion and they said its really User friendly, they said that Is Cisco VCS , Conductor and telepresence server has the ability like this.  practically he connected the two sites and then using the web interface move one conference to the other. then he asked me that Is cisco has this ability or not. On that time I really was not sure about it. Then i wrote down His quires and asked to you.

Using Web interface of VCS , Tp server and Conductor:

Hide calls means that during in the meeting room the admin initiate the call through (VCS) and it will automatically auto answered but the admin hide the camera view they doesn't show the display even that no body know that the call is connected and they even saw them and on Tp server and listen to everyone.. Is it possible in this.?

Is there is any option in VCS, Tp server and conductor where we can increased the gain of the call.? As per my knowledge bu-default it's zero but if you not clearly hear the audio of the far end point recipient then you just need to Increase the gain +5. In codion their is an option for it. Is cisco product can provide this.?

Patrick, which one web client the VCS supported.?

VIP Purple

Only the Cisco MCU products,

Only the Cisco MCU products, such as the MCU 4500 Series, 5300 Series, MSE 8510 have the ability to move participants from one conference to another.  Conductor and TelePresence Server doesn't support or have any feature like this, which is why the participant would have to disconnect and reconnect to change conferences.

You can mute video and audio using the TelePresence Server web interface, select the conference and there is an option to mute either the incoming/outgoing video or audio of a participant, refer to the "Displaying Conference Status" section of the TelePresence Server 4.4 Help Guide for reference.  Additionally, if someone would like to mute their audio to the TelePresence Server, they can do this from the endpoint using DTMF *6, however video can only be muted via the web interface.

There is no option anywhere to alter the audio levels with a Conductor and TelePresence Server, that is a feature only contained within the Cisco MCU products.

I don't understand your last question: "which one web client the VCS supported"?

Dear patrick,

Dear patrick,

I have some others quires regarding this deployment:

• Can we schedule the Call in VCS and tp server and conductor.
  • How can we create the backup of the conference.
VIP Purple

To schedule video conference

To schedule video conference and endpoint, you need Cisco TelePresence Management Suite.  Refer to the CMR Premises Solution Guide Release 7.0 and CMR Premises Deployment Guide Release 7.0 - Primary (for Unified CM), for more information on scheduling conference with Conductor.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content